Having conducted a thorough technical evaluation of the state of conservation of; retaining walls, stairways, halls and platforms of Machu Picchu, was taken the determination to make the comprehensive maintenance of the National Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu.
This provision taken by the Head of National Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu determines:
- The entrance to the Mountain Huayna Picchu will be suspended, from 1 to 15 April 2016.
- The gateway to the Mountain Machu Picchu will be suspended from 16 to 30 April 2016.
The two peaks will be closed separately, to minimize disruption to the tourist influx to this wonder of the world.
- Currently you can access the Machu Picchu Mountain in two schedule; the first from 07:00 hrs. to 08:00 hrs. The second from 09:00 hrs. 10:00 hrs. The number of people allowed per day is 400 per each schedule.
- In the case of the Huayna Picchu Mountain, it has two schedule of entry: Group 1 07:00 hrs. 08:00 hrs. and Group 2 10:00 hrs. 11:00 hrs. Each group admits 200 people.
It is worth mentioning that during the maintenance, access of visitors to the Inca City of Machu Picchu and other sectors such as the Inca Bridge, Intipunku, will be NORMAL and at designated times by alternate routes.
Among the alternative options, that offers Ticket Machu Picchu, there are:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only: Includes: Admission to the enigmatic city of Machu Picchu, it can be used as often as desired on the date specified in the electronic ticket, while respecting the times of entry and exit to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Entry Hours: From 06:00 to 16:00 hrs.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum: Includes: Tickets to the Inca City of Machu Picchu and Site Museum Manuel Chavez Ballon.
Entry Hours: From 10:00 to 16:00 hrs. (except on Sundays).
In this way, will not prevent the visit to the Sacred City and its major sectors such as the Sun Temple, the Intihuatana, the Sacred Plaza, etc.
The purpose of the suspension of visits to the mountains of Machu Picchu is to facilitate the work of comprehensive maintenance of stairs, platforms and retaining walls. Therefore, the sale of electronic tickets for the sectors mentioned in the dates indicated will be suspended, so visitors must take the necessary measures to avoid difficulties, discomfort and loss of time.
According to recent reports issued by the Decentralized Directorate of Culture of Cusco, the number of visitors in recent years has increased, receiving around 1 million visitors annually. It is expected that the close of the mountains to carry out maintenance work, essential to the Inca steps, stairs, platforms and walls, which otherwise is hampered by hundreds of tourists who use the routes every day. As more the closures become more frequent, the demand of the mountains increases, travelers are advised to buy your tickets available sooner, while the mountains are open to the public, Huayna Picchu is limited to 400 entries per day and Machu Picchu Mountain 800 entries.
But if you are not able to secure one of the tickets most sought worldwide, there are other spectacular places. A good alternative for those who have not done the Inca Trail, is the steep one-hour walk, to enter through the Puerta del Sol or Intipunku and see through the eyes of those who have come to Machu Picchu on foot ago centuries. You can also visit the Inca Bridge, an admirable example of what was the Inca architecture.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last Update, 07-10-2015
Booking your Machu Picchu Ticket has never been so easy
Check availability in real time - Book quickly and easily - Pay safely - Receive your ticket in 24 hours