LAST UPDATE 2022!
- After almost 2 years the authorities of Machu Picchu ordered the reopening of the Huayna Picchu mountain!
- The available spaces were reduced to 200 tourists per day so hurry up and book in advance your ticket ‘Machupicchu with Huayna Picchu’.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain offers the most famous hiking trail in Machu Picchu! The optional route to the Temple of the Moon is not open.
The Huayna Picchu entrance offers one of the most incredible experiences in Machu Picchu. This ticket is the one that runs out the fastest since only 200 people can enter each day. TO Below we show you the calendar with the available spaces of the Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
How to check availability?
- First choose the type of ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu’ and the group of your preference.
- Choose the month and locate the day you want to visit the Waynapicchu.
- Check the clearances. For example, the number ’60’ means that there are still sixty tickets available. The ‘O’ means that all tickets are sold out.
- Did you find availability? Now you just have to click and fill out the reservation form.
Direct Availability ─ Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
Note: Availability is shown in real time and corresponds to the number of available places on the chosen date. “0” means that there is no more space available.
- What places can I see with the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket?
- What are the entrance groups and hours of the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket?
- Why is it difficult to get availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu?
- How to find availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu?
- Frequently asked questions about the availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
What places can I see with the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu?
- See the main attractions of the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- Climb Huayna Picchu mountain, the fabled mountain that everyone wants to climb and where the Temple of the Moon Huayna Picchu is also located (temporarily closed).
What are the entrance groups and hours of the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket?
The new entry times to the Huayna Picchu mountain are divided into four groups. All allow to enter the Waynapicchu and the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
|Huayna Picchu ticket groups||Time of entry to Machu Picchu||Hour of entry to Huayna Picchu||Departure time (approx.)|
|Group 1||from 6 a.m.||From 7 to 8 am||12 pm|
|Group 2||from 7 a.m.||From 8 to 9 am||1 pm|
|Group 3||from 8 a.m.||From 9 to 10 am||2 pm|
|Group 4||from 9 a.m.||From 10 to 11 am||3 pm|
- Waynapicchu Group 1
- The first group allows you to enter Machu Picchu between 6 and 7 in the morning
- The entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain is from 7 to 8 in the morning.
- Waynapicchu Group 2
- The second group allows you to enter Machu Picchu between 7 and 8 in the morning.
- The entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain is from 8 to 9 in the morning.
- Waynapicchu Group 3
- The third group allows you to enter Machu Picchu between 8 and 9 in the morning.
- The entrance to Huayna Picchu is from 9 to 10 in the morning.
- Waynapicchu Group 4
- The fourth group allows you to enter Machu Picchu between 9 and 10 in the morning.
- The entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain is from 10 to 11 in the morning.
With the entrance Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, the tourist can stay a maximum of 6 hours from the moment of entry.
Why is it difficult to get availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu?
Huayna Picchu is the incredible mountain that appears at the bottom of the classic photos of Machu Picchu. It is the most requested attraction by visitors to the Historic Sanctuary. However, only 200 people can enter daily .
Reaching its top is a great feat and will be the greatest adventure of your life. The mountain has zigzagging paths and stairways carved in stone. Once at its summit you will feel a great sense of satisfaction and peace.
The views of Machu Picchu and its surroundings are spectacular and unique. In the mountain you can find Inca remains such as viewpoints, rooms and platforms. In addition, there you can see the magnificent Temple of the Moon.
The climb to Huayna Picchu is considered one of the best short walks in the world.
How to find availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu?
The only way to find availability is by reserving the entrance ticket to Waynapicchu online and in advance.
- During the low tourist season (from November to March) you must book 3 months in advance.
- During the high tourist season (from April to October) you must book 4 months in advance.
Climbing the Huayna Picchu mountain requires a regular physical condition and, above all, not being afraid of heights. However, everyone can dare. The only restriction is that only people over 12 years old can go up.
Frequently asked questions about the availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
1. What to do if the Huayna Picchu entrance is not available?
If you do not find the ticket availability, you can wait for a space to be released. Although it is rare, there are people who lose their ticket due to non-payment. At that time, the ticket is available to everyone again.
2. Is the availability shown on this site the same as on all the websites?
Yes. The availability shown on this website is the same as governed by the Ministry of Culture of Peru and other websites.
3. Is Huayna Picchu available for 365 days a year?
Yes. The Huayna Picchu mountain is located within the Inca City of Machu Picchu. The entrance to this mountain is open every day of the year except for unforeseen emergencies.
4. Can I get availability if I get the Huayna Picchu ticket in Cusco?
The only way to get availability is by booking online in advance. If you travel to Cusco a few days before visiting Machu Picchu, you will not find availability for the Waynapicchu mountain.
5. Can I buy the Huayna Picchu ticket for next year?
It was only at the end of December that tickets to Huayna Picchu began to be sold for next year. It is advisable to be patient and be aware of when the tickets are on sale.
6. What other adventure to choose if there is no availability for the Waynapicchu?
If you do not find availability for the Waynapicchu ticket, the best option is to ascend the Machu Picchu mountain. This adventure is as incredible as Huayna Picchu. Entry is allowed to people of all ages.
7. If I find availability, how do I reserve the Huayna Picchu ticket online?
To reserve the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, you must follow the following steps:
- Find availability of the Huayna Picchu ticket in the month, day and group of your preference.
- Fill in the reservation form with your personal data.
- Send a digital copy of your identity document or passport via email.
- Make the payment through any Visa, MasterCard, American Express or other card.
- Print the tickets and present them the day you enter the Waynapicchu.
8. Huayna Picchu tickets are sold out! Is there no solution?
Unfortunately not. If the tickets are already sold out there is nothing to do. Try to reserve tickets months in advance.