LAST UPDATE 2022!
- Meet the Huchuy Picchu mountain, a mountain near Machu Picchu recently opened for tourists.
- From the top of this mountain you have a spectacular scenic view of all of Machu Picchu.
- Availability is limited so buy your tickets online in advance. Take advantage of the cheap opening prices!
Huchuy Picchu mountain is one of the peaks that surround Machu Picchu and was recently opened as a hiking route for visitors. The ticket to this summit also includes the entrance to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. Like other tickets, availability is limited. Here you can review the available spaces.
How to check availability?
- Start by choosing the type of ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu’.
- The next thing is to choose the date of your visit as well as the time of your admission.
- The calendar will show you the available tickets.
- If you got availability, you just have to click on the chosen date and make the ticket purchase.
Direct Availability ─ Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu
Note: Availability is shown in real time and corresponds to number of places available on the chosen date. “0” means that there is no space anymore available.
- What will I see with the ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu?
- What are the hours to choose?
- What do I do if I don’t get availability?
- Questions and answers about the ticket
What will I see with the ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu?The Huchuy Picchu mountain is one of the three peaks that surround Machu Picchu and that offer hiking trails at the top of the Inca city. This mountain is next to the famous Huayna Picchu, on the north side of the archaeological site.The walk to the top of Huchuy Picchu is only approximately 1 kilometer. Because the route is uphill, the walk can take approximately 1 hour. Its summit is 2,497 meters above sea level.During the route the visitor will be able to walk through stone paths built by the Incas themselves. You will also be able to appreciate the diverse flora of Machu Picchu. From the top you can get one of the best landscape photos of the Inca citadel.The walk is suitable for all people.
Huchuy Picchu mountain was part of the Huayna Picchu mountain circuit. However, its summit was not very crowded as visitors arrived there tired from the route to the top of ‘Huayna’. Today the route to Huchuy Picchu is a differentiated adventure. The walk there follows stone paths for approximately 1 kilometer.
What are the hours to choose?As its name suggests, the ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu’ includes a visit to both the mountain and the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. The times to choose to visit both places are the following:
- Group 1: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 to 7 in the morning. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 7 and 8 in the morning.
- Group 2: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 7 to 8 in the morning. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 8 and 9 in the morning.
- Group 3: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 8 to 9 in the morning. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 9 and 10 in the morning.
- Group 4: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 9 to 10 in the morning. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 10 and 11 in the morning.
- Group 5: The entrance to Machu Picchu is 10 to 11 in the morning. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 11 in the morning and noon.
- Group 6: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 11 in the morning to noon. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between noon and 1 in the afternoon.
- Group 7: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from noon to 1 in the afternoon. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 1 and 2 in the afternoon.
- Group 8: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 1 to 2 in the afternoon. Access to the Huchuy Picchu mountain is between 2 and 3 in the afternoon.
The Huchuy Picchu offers the tour of Machu Picchu through the so-called ‘Circuit 4’. This route includes visiting temples such as the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the Hall of Mirrors, the Temple of the Sun and more. This ticket does not allow re-entry to Machu Picchu. After the visit to the mountain and the Inca citadel, the visit ends.
What do I do if I don’t get availability?The ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu’ has limited availability to 200 people per day. Therefore, it is necessary to buy the ticket online in advance.If you do not find availability for the date of your preference, you can find another date where you do find available spaces.Another option is to buy the ticket ‘Machu Picchu + Mountain’, which offers 400 tickets available per day.
Questions and answers about the ticket
1. Is it difficult to get to Huchuy Picchu?No. The walk is only about 1 kilometer. Even so the route is uphill through stone stairs. It is considered of moderate difficulty.
2. Can I re-enter Machu Picchu with this ticket?No, after the walk through Huchuy Picchu, the tourist must complete the tourist circuit through Machu Picchu. After this tour of the Inca city, you will have to leave the archaeological complex.
3. Can I buy this ticket in person in Cusco?Yes, although due to limited availability this is not recommended. The authorized offices for the purchase of the ticket in Cusco are:
- In calle Maruri 324 (in the premises of the Disconcerted Directorate of Culture of Cusco).
- In calle Garcilaso s/n, Cusco (at Casa Garcilaso).
4. Is the walk suitable for everyone?Yes, all tourists can do this walk. It is recommended that children are closely watched by their parents. Older adults must be in acceptable physical condition. It is recommended to take the necessary precautions.
5. Are there discounts for this ticket?Yes, the ticket offers discounts for: a) university students, b) people under 18 years of age and c) citizens or residents of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
6. When is the best time to go?The dry season months (from April to October) are considered the best for this short hiking route.
7. Can I change the date of my purchased ticket?Yes. Changes of date (or tourist name) can be made by paying a penalty that varies from 10% to 35% of the value of the ticket (depending on the date in advance with which you request the process).
8. Can I cancel my ticket if I already bought it?Yes. Cancellations can be made by paying a single penalty of 35% of the value of the ticket (the procedure must be requested up to 3 days before).