LAST UPDATE 2024!
- Machu Picchu is a safe destination. The doors of the Inca citadel are open every day. Travel safely to the best destination in South America.
- Take advantage of discounts for university students, under 18s and citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia!
Welcome to the Machu Picchu Ticket availability calendar!
See schedule of Live Availability Ticket Machu Picchu
Availability is shown in real time and corresponds to the number of places available on the chosen date.
- Choose one of the 5 types of Machu Picchu tickets
- What does the entrance to Machu Picchu Only include?
- And what does the ticket not include?
- How many spaces are available in the Machu Picchu Only ticket?
- What hours does the Machu Picchu Only entrance have?
- How far in advance to buy the Machu Picchu Only ticket?
- What to do if I do not find availability of the ticket Machu Picchu Only?
- Why visit Machu Picchu with this ticket?
- Learn a little more about the ‘Machu Picchu Only’ entrance
- Map of the tour of Machu Picchu
Choose one of the 5 types of Machu Picchu tickets
The Machu Picchu ticket offers 5 different experiences for tourists:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Inca Bridge.
* There is also a complementary ticket ‘Machu Picchu Museum’.
What does the entrance to Machu Picchu Only include?
The ‘Machu Picchu Only’ ticket is the most used by visitors to the Inca wonder, as it includes the following:
- The entrance to the Inca archaeological site whose main tourist attractions are: the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Condor, the Main Square, the agricultural area with its beautiful platforms and many more buildings.
- Unfortunately this ticket no longer allows the ascent to Intipunku (Sun Gate of Machu Picchu). A few years ago this route was allowed with the ticket.
- Of course, in Machu Picchu you can also take the classic postcard photo.
- With your ticket you can also request the postage stamp in your passport (a symbolic alternative highly requested by tourists).
And what does the ticket not include?
The ticket ‘Machu Picchu Only’ does not include some necessary services during the trip to the Inca wonder:
- Tour guide service in Machupicchu.
- Transport service by train.
- Bus transportation service.
- Entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain.
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu mountain.
- Entrance to the Huchuy Picchu mountain.
- Entrance to the Intipunku.
- Entrance to the Inca Bridge of Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to the museum of Machupicchu.
- Toilet services outside the archaeological site.
- Cloakroom service at the entrance door of the archaeological site.
How many spaces are available in the Machu Picchu Only ticket?
This ticket is limited to approximately 2,500 people per day (the figure may increase if there are not enough tourists using the other types of tickets). It is the entrance with the most number of spaces available as well as the one most used by tourists.
What hours does the Machu Picchu Only entrance have?
This ticket offers 9 different schedules to choose from. The visitor can choose any of them. Remember that the tourist can enter at the time indicated on their ticket or later, but not before.
Ticket Machu Picchu Only hours
- 1er. Hours: entry from 6 am.
- 2nd. Hours: entry from 7 am.
- 3er. Hours: entry from 8 am.
- 4th. Hours: entry from 9 am.
- 5th. Hours: entry from 10 am.
- 6th. Hours: entry from 11 am.
- 7th. Hours: entry from 12 pm.
- 8th. Hours: entry from 1 pm.
- 9th. Hours: entry from 2 pm.
How far in advance to buy the Machu Picchu Only ticket?
To ensure an available ticket, this ticket must be purchased online and with an anticipated time of approximately 2 or 3 weeks. However, during the high tourist season in Machu Picchu (from April to October), the ticket must be purchased approximately 1 month in advance.
This is the estimated time of advance purchase of the entrance Machu Picchu Only:
|How long before buying the entrance to Machu Picchu?
|In high season (Apr-Oct)
|In low season (Oct-Mar)
|Machu Picchu Only
|1 month before
|3 days before
What to do if I do not find availability of the ticket Machu Picchu Only?
- If you did not find availability for the day you want, a last option is to change the date for one in which there is a Machu Picchu ticket available.
Why visit Machu Picchu with this ticket?
- Machupicchu is the most transcendent work of the Incas in history.
- It is considered one of the 7 wonders of the modern world.
- It presents amazing stone buildings such as the Temple of the Sun, the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Condor, as well as houses, workshops, paths, terraces and fountains.
- The entire Inca city blends in with the surrounding landscape. All this natural and architectural beauty creates a feeling difficult to describe in tourists.
- Machu Picchu will invite you to live this incredible experience and discover the mysteries that they hide in it.
Learn a little more about the ‘Machu Picchu Only’ entrance
- Machupicchu is open every day of the year (even Sundays and holidays). However, this ticket can only be used for the chosen day and time. It is not possible to enter on a different date.
- Although it is possible to find availability once in Cusco, this is not the most advisable since the ticket has an income limit. It is best to buy tickets online a few days before.
- The purchase of tickets for next year begins in mid-December. Due to this, if you make your purchase on this website, you will receive your tickets only in December, when purchases are already allowed. However, this is the safest way to get your ticket availability for next year.
- The ‘Machu Picchu Only’ entrance does not allow you to re-enter the archaeological site once the tour is finished. That is why it is recommended to visit all tourist attractions with patience.
- If you want to visit the Intipunku (Sun Gate) or the Inca Bridge, it should be noted that access to these routes is not allowed with the ‘Machupicchu Solo’ ticket. Only the Inca Bridge can be visited showing the ‘Machupicchu + Inca Bridge’ ticket.