Ticket Machu Picchu is the easiest and fastest way to obtain your entrance ticket to the wonder of the world Machu Picchu. Do you dream of visiting Machu Picchu? Do you want to know how, when and where to buy the Machu Picchu tickets? We have everything you need to know about the trip to Machu Picchu and buying tickets. Live any of the 3 different experiences that Machu Picchu offers you. Choose the ticket of your preference! You will be able to know the incredible Inca city, live the maximum adventure of climbing Wayna Picchu, or tour the beautiful trails of Machu Picchu Mountain, and if you want to know more about its history, the Site Museum will be the perfect complement. Knowing Machu Picchu has never been so easy.
Get the best benefits when booking your ticket to Machu Picchu
Buy your ticket for 2022 from 2021 and ensure yes or yes your entrance to Machu Picchu.
Take advantage of discounts for Peruvians and foreigners as part of the economic reactivation of Peru.
Make your payment 100% secure using a credit or debit card, print your ticket and you can visit Machu Picchu.
The delivery of tickets is in less than 24 hours, we have the option of refund or change of data.
Book now and get your place in Machu Picchu. Remember that the number of visitors was reduced by the anti Covid 19 protocol.
Do you want to visit Machu Picchu and don’t know where to start? Step 1 is to choose between one of the 3 types of tickets: a) Machupicchu Only, b) Machupicchu + Huayna Picchu c) Machupicchu + Mountain. There is also an optional entrance ticket to the Machupicchu museum.
All tickets have limited availability. That is why it is necessary to purchase them in advance. Especially the Machupicchu + Huayna Picchu ticket, which is highly required by tourists. It is advisable to get this ticket 3 or 4 months in advance.
After the closing of Machu Picchu caused by Covid 19, the Peruvian authorities ordered reduced prices for both Peruvians and foreigners. This promotion is part of the 2021 economic reactivation strategy.
Are there free spaces to visit Machupicchu? Buy your tickets in advance and ensure your place in the Wonder of the World. Remember that due to Covid 19, and until further notice, the entrances to the Huayna Picchu and Machupicchu mountains are not available.
Choose the entrance you prefer in Machu Picchu
In total there are 3 kinds of entrance tickets. Two of them also include the tour of the Huayna Picchu and Machupicchu mountains . There is also another optional ticket that allows you to visit the Machupicchu site museum, which exhibits some Inca objects found there. Visiting hours to this cultural venue are from Monday to Sunday from 8 am to 4 pm. A good idea is to add to the 3 types of tickets, the museum entrance ticket. These are the hours and advantages of each of the tickets:
Ticket Machu Picchu Only
- Visit to Machu Picchu.
- Walk to the Intipunku.
- Walk to the Inca Bridge.
- 1st Schedule Machu Picchu (Entry from 6 am / 7 am / 8 am).
- 2nd Schedule Machu Picchu (Entry from 9 am / 10 am / 11 am).
- 3rd Schedule Machu Picchu (Entry from 12 pm / 1 pm / 2 pm).
- 2500 spaces per day.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
- Visit to Machu Picchu.
- Visit to Huayna Picchu.
- Visit to the Temple of the Moon
- 1st. Group (Entrance Machu Picchu from 6 am. / Huayna Picchu, from 7 am to 8 am).
- 2nd. Group (Entrance Machu Picchu from 7 am / Huayna Picchu, from 7 am to 8 am).
- 3rd. Group (Entrance Machu Picchu from 8 am / Huayna Picchu, from 10.30 am to 11.30 am).
- 400 spaces per day.
- Restricted by provision of the Mystery of Culture.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain
- Visit to Machu Picchu.
- Visit to Machu Picchu mountain.
- Trekking in Machu Picchu.
- 1st. Group (Entrance Machu Picchu from 6 am / Mountain, from 7 am to 8 am).
- 2nd. Group (Entrance Machu Picchu from 7 am / Mountain, from 7 am to 8 am).
- 3rd. Group (Entrance Machu Picchu from 8 am / Mountain, from 9 am to 10 am).
- 800 spaces per day.
- Restricted by provision of the Mystery of Culture.
Get your official ticket to Machu Picchu with the best prices, we offer the option of changes, cancellations and refunds.
|Ticket Type to Machu Picchu||Foreign||Andean Community Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador||Peruvians|
|Machu Picchu Solo Ticket||65.00 USD||39.00 USD||35.00 USD||25.00 USD||28.00 USD||19.00 USD|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu||80.00 USD||54.00 USD||50.00 USD||36.00 USD||42.00 USD||33.00 USD|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain||80.00 USD||54.00 USD||50.00 USD||36.00 USD||42.00 USD||33.00 USD|
|Machu Picchu Site Museum|| |
Prices include IGV 18% (General Sales Tax). Prices crossed out means that tickets are not available.
Quickly solve your doubts about tickets to Machu Picchu through these 8 questions that summarize what you should know before the trip.
1) Do you want suggestions to find the best ticket to Machu Picchu?
Don’t you know how to visit Machu Picchu? A good option is to go on your own (without a tour). To do this you must buy the ticket Machu Picchu online. There are 3 types of tickets and an additional entrance to the Machu Picchu Site Museum:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only – Allows you to visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu. It must be purchased a few weeks before. The ticket is recommended for the whole family.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – Allows you to visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu as well as the Huayna Picchu mountain. Must be purchased 3 months in advance. This ticket is recommended for adventurous tourists without fear of heights.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain – Allows you to visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu as well as the Machu Picchu mountain. It must be purchased a few weeks before. The ticket is recommended for children, adults and anyone who likes walks.
Remember that all tickets allow free entry to the Machu Picchu site museum ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’ located on the road that connects the town of Aguas Calientes with Machupicchu.
2) Which tickets to Machu Picchu sell out the fastest?
Definitely the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu is the one that runs out the fastest. This ticket must be purchased online 3 months in advance. In high tourist season (from May to August), even 4 months before.
Couldn’t you get a Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket? Then choose the Machu Picchu + Mountain option, which also includes a spectacular hike to the top of the Inca city. Also, you can buy this ticket a few weeks in advance.
3) Which is the better option Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain?
Did you know that the Huayna Picchu trek is considered one of the best in the world? According to tourists, the ‘Huayna’ is the best option because it includes Inca temples such as the mysterious ‘Temple of the Moon’. However, both Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu offer spectacular hikes to the top of Machu Picchu.
Remember that only people over 12 years old can enter Huayna Picchu. Therefore, if you are traveling with children, Machu Picchu mountain is the best option. This mountain does not include Inca temples but it does include a less dizzying hike and with equally surprising landscapes.
4) What documents are required to purchase your ticket to Machu Picchu?
Buying the ticket to Machu Picchu is super easy! To acquire any of the tickets to Machu Picchu it is necessary to send a digital photo of the passport or valid identity document. If the visitor is a university student, they can send the digital photo of their university card (ISIC is no longer accepted) and thus access a special discount.
Remember that these documents must be valid until the date of visit to Machu Picchu. At the entrance gate to the Inca city, they will check that your document matches the information provided on the ticket. So don’t forget to take your document with you!
5) How to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu for 2021?
Did you know that you can buy your ticket to Machu Picchu 2022 from 2021? Yes, you just have to make the purchase online and wait until December for the tickets to be sent. (that’s the rules of the Peruvian authorities). Remember that this is the safest way to get your tickets in advance and thus not miss out on visiting Machu Picchu.
6) How to get discounts when booking tickets to Machu Picchu?
The advantage of buying the Machu Picchu entrance here is that you can access various discounts:
- Discounts for minors – You only need to send a digital photo of the children’s passport or identity document (valid for under 18 years old). Minors enter accompanied by their father or mother.
- Discounts for university students – You only need to send a digital photo of the valid university card (valid for undergraduate students under 25 years of age). The ISIC card is no longer valid.
- Discounts for Andean Community – You only have to send the digital photo of the passport, identity document or immigration card (valid for citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia). Children and college students from these countries have an even greater discount.
Remember that children under 3 years old enter Machu Picchu for free!
7) What is the best time to visit Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is open every day of the year from 6 am to 5 pm Any time is ideal to go. However, due to its remoteness from the city of Cusco (4 hours by train); it is best to enter from 9 am, 10 am or more. Keep in mind that Machu Picchu is visited by fewer tourists in the afternoon so you can take better photos!
If you are lucky enough to spend the night in Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes), you can enter from 6 am and thus see the sunrise in the Inca city. Most tourists choose to visit Machu Picchu early. So they will have free time to visit the town of Aguas Calientes in the afternoon!
8) Can I visit Machu Picchu with children?
Of course! Machu Picchu and all its tourist attractions are open for children, adults and seniors. The only exception is the Huayna Picchu mountain (valid for people over 12 years old).
If you are looking for adventure, Machu Picchu mountain is the best option to go with children. This mountain is available to people of any age. Children can enjoy the walk and the beautiful landscapes.
If you are looking for something different for your child, the Machu Picchu site museum is a good option. Apart from the display of Inca objects, there is a botanical garden and a butterfly garden that are very attractive for the little ones.