Today, most people in the world get their entry to Machu Picchu online. The reason? In this way they avoid the risk of not finding availability by booking at the last minute. Learn how to buy the Ticket Machu Picchu online and secure the entrance to the Wonder of the World.
Buy your Machu Picchu 2023 ticket now!
- The sale can start on any day in December.
- We are pending the start of sales and we reserve your ticket in advance.
- With us you assure your visit to Machu Picchu yes or yes.
The purchase of entrance ticket Machu Picchu through our website is simple, fast and secure. Follow these 5 simple steps!
Step 1 – Check availability
- Go to www.ticketmachupicchu.com.
- Select the ‘availability’ tab.
- Choose one of the 5 types of tickets available and the schedule of your preference.
- Choose the day and check availability: ’50’ means that there are 50 tickets available. The circle means that tickets are no longer available.
- Finally, if there is availability, you can make your reservation by clicking on the day you wish to make your visit.
How to know if there is still availability?
Check the available spaces for tickets Machu Picchu for each type of ticket:
- Availability Machu Picchu Only – 3000 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – 200 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Mountain – 400 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu – 200 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Inca Bridge – 400 people per day.
Do you want to book the Machu Picchu ticket for 2024? We can ensure your entrance to Machu Picchu, we are waiting for the availability in 2023 to be enabled to buy your ticket, the Ministry of Culture publishes the availability in December, the spaces are sold out very quickly due to demand.
Step 2 – Make the reservation
- Next, the ‘Reservation form’ section will appear where you must complete your personal data.
- Select the type of ticket, the day of entry and the number of visitors (number of tickets you want) if you have not already done so.
- If you are a university student, upload a digital image of your current university card.
- Verify that the personal information is correct.
- Read the terms and conditions.
- Click on ‘accept’ the terms and conditions and ‘send’ the reservation form.
- Optional: Add additional services such as: a) bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu, b) private tour guide service in Machupicchu or c) Buffet lunch at Tinkuy restaurant (the only one located next to Machu Picchu).
The reservation of the ticket Machu Picchu allows to register a maximum of 10 passengers. Fill in the information of each of the visitors.
Step 3 – Make the payment online
- After completing the reservation form, you will need to review the information you registered and click on ‘Confirm reservation’.
- Next you will have to choose one of the available payment methods: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
- If you choose Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Club, you only need to complete the payment form with the card number and a security code on the back of the card.
- If you choose PayPal as a payment method, you must enter your Paypal account, verify the information, payment concept and click on ‘pay’.
Step 4 – Print your tickets and you’re done!
- After making the payment, in less than 24 hours (48 hours on weekends) you will receive your Ticket Machu Picchu in the inbox of your email.
- The ticket is in PDF format. You only have to print it and present it the day of your entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Children under 3 years old enter for free accompanied by their parent or guardian.
- Finally, worry no more. You already have your entrance to Machu Picchu in your possession!
The day of the visit to Machu Picchu must present the ticket along with the identity document with which you made the reservation.
Step 5 – Send the documents
- Then send a digital copy of the documents (passport or identity document) of the visitors to email@example.com.
- University students must send the digital copy of their valid university card to access a special discount.
- Citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia also have discounts.
- People from 8 to 17 years old also have access to a special discount.
- Children under 8 years old enter Machu Picchu for free by simply presenting their passport or identity document at the entrance door.
Carnet to reserve the ticket Machu Picchu with discount for student
The sending of documents is in many cases optional. University students, minors and CAN citizens must do so to access the discounts.
And how to buy the ticket Machu Picchu in Cusco?
- The other alternative is to buy entrance tickets Machu Picchu in Cusco (Peru).
- This option is not recommended due to the risk of not finding tickets available.
To buy the tickets Machu Picchu, tourists should visit the following authorized places:
- Street Garcilaso s/n Cusco – The Garcilaso House is only 2 blocks from the Main Square, in the Historic Center of Cusco.
- Street Maruri 324 – The Desconcertada Direction of Culture Cusco is also a few meters from the Main Square of the city.
The purchase is made in person presented the passport, identity document or student card. Payment is in cash or by credit / debit card.
How to get the ticket to Huayna Picchu?
- The Huayna Picchu entrance is special because it has great demand. In addition, the few tickets available make it necessary to book a long time before.
- The purchase is made only online with an estimated time of 2, 3 or 4 months in advance.
- The online purchase process is the same as any other Machu Picchu entry. The type of ticket is: Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
- Book the Huayna Picchu entrance online in advance.
- Make payment by Visa, MasterCard or other payment methods.
- Print the tickets and show it on the day of the visit to Huayna Picchu.
The purchase of the ticket Huayna Picchu is online and 3 months in advance on average.
How to get the entrance to the mountain Machu Picchu?
- The Machu Picchu mountain is a adventure tourist attraction in Machu Picchu similar to Huayna Picchu.
- Entrance tickets to this mountain are not as demanding as the Huayna Picchu entrance. Tickets can be purchased days or weeks before.
- To get the entrance to the Machu Picchu mountain you must buy the ticket online or in Cusco.
- The online purchase is similar to the other tickets Machu Picchu:
- Book online an entrance to the mountain Machu Picchu.
- Make payment with Visa, MasterCard or other forms of payment.
- Print the tickets and present them the day of the visit to the mountain Machu Picchu.
How to get the entrance to the new Huchuy Picchu mountain?
- The Huchuy Picchu mountain is a mountain within Machu Picchu whose hiking route to its top was recently inaugurated.
- Entrance tickets to Huchuy Picchu are not as popular when compared to Huayna Picchu. Even so, it is important to buy the ticket in advance.
- The ticket can also be obtained in the city of Cusco although the safest option will always be to buy it online. Availability is limited to 200 people per day.
- The purchase online is the same as the other Machu Picchu tickets:
- Reserve an entrance to the Huchuy Picchu mountain online.
- Make payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express cards or other forms of payment.
- Print the tickets and present them on the day of the visit to Machu Picchu.
And how to get the Ticket Machupicchu + Inca Bridge?
- The Inca Bridge is one of the least known constructions of Machu Picchu. It is a bridge made of a tree trunk supported by a stone base carved by the Incas.
- This new ticket offers 400 spaces per day (50 tickets available in each of its eight schedules). It is recommended to buy it online 3 or 5 weeks in advance.
- This ticket also allows you to take the classic tour of Machu Picchu (circuits 1 or 2). The great advantage is that it allows you to get the classic photo in Machupicchu.
- The purchase online is the same as the other Machu Picchu tickets:
- Book online a ticket Machupicchu + Inca Bridge.
- Make the payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or other payment alternatives.
- Print the tickets and present them on the day of the visit to Machu Picchu.
When to buy the ticket Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu has its doors open throughout the year including Sundays and holidays so you can visit it whenever you prefer.
The dry season is from April to October and the rainy season from November to March. The best time to visit Machu Picchu is the dry season, from April to October.
Machu Picchu is considered one of the 7 Wonders of the World next to the Chinese Wall, the Christ the Redeemer, Chinchen Itza, the Colosseum in Rome and the Taj Mahal in India.
Why book in advance during the high season?
In the high season, Cusco and Machu Picchu receive more tourists. June is the month with the highest demand for tickets for the jubilee festivities of the city of Cusco. On June 24 the Festival of the Sun (Inti Raymi) is staged.
How far in advance should I book tickets Machu Picchu?
All tickets must be reserved in advance because they are limited and sell out fast:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only – It can be reserved a few weeks before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain – You can book 4 weeks in advance.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – You have to reserve 3 or 4 months before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu – You can book 4 weeks in advance.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Inca Bridge – You can book 1 month before.
How to buy tickets Machu Picchu in 2024?
- The start of the Machu Picchu 2024 ticket sale is in December 2023. The date is not fixed. It can be at the beginning, the middle or the end of the month.
- Visitors must be aware of the start of the ticket Machu Picchu 2024 sale to reserve the ticket of their preference in time. The tickets sell out fast.
- In 2023, the visiting hours to Machu Picchu have a maximum duration of 4 hours.
- In 2024, the purchase of tickets for Machu Picchu proceeds in the same way as in previous years.
- Book online the Machu Picchu 2023 entry type of your choice.
- Proceed with payment through Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or another form of payment.
- Print the tickets to show them the day of the visit to Machu Picchu in 2024.
At ticketmachupicchu.com you can secure your Machu Picchu entrance for 2024. You should only make your reservation now. We take care of all the procedures.
Other changes about visits
- Other changes that should be considered in Machu Picchu is that many objects are no longer allowed: tripods, baby cars, shoes with cue, trekking poles.
- You will need to enter with a guide. If they find him wandering around Machu Picchu on his own, they will ask him to leave.
- At the entrance to Machu Picchu you will need to present the printed ticket and the original document with which you made the reservation.
Frequently asked questions about the purchase of the Ticket Machu Picchu
The most frequent questions are: where? and how to buy tickets for Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu?
Here we detail the most important data you need to know.
What are the personal data necessary for the reservation?
To make a reservation it is necessary to fill in some personal information, which are:
- Number of passengers
- First and last names (as shown in your passport).
- Passport number or identity document.
- Some other important information that we should be aware of.
Note: If you have the University Student Card, send us a scanned copy of your University Card and your Passport or Identity Document. In the case of children send a copy of your Identity Document or Passport as appropriate.
Buying online is safe?
Buying with us is safe. We are authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru. We have an SSL security system, which guarantees the privacy of your information online. We also have the Norton Secured internet security service .
How much time do I have to pay the Ticket Machu Picchu?
Payment of the Ticket Machu Picchu must be made as soon as possible. Otherwise, you run the risk of someone else doing it first and getting the ticket available before you.
Is PayPal the only payment method of the Machu Picchu Ticket?
No. PayPal is the most recommended payment method of the Ticket Machu Picchu. However it is also possible to do it through Western Union or a bank transfer.
Is Ticketmachupicchu.com reliable?
Yes! We are the leading travel agency in the sale of tickets Machu Picchu. Our headquarters is in Cusco. Visit our website, our Facebook account and other social networks where our clients support the quality of our service.
What do I do if I lose the purchased Machu Picchu Ticket?
If you lose the Ticket Machu Picchu you only have to reprint it as many times as necessary.
Can I buy the Ticket Machu Picchu if I do not have a PayPal account?
Yes. It is not necessary to have a PayPal account to pay the Ticket Machu Picchu online. You can also do it with your Visa, MasterCard or Diners Club card.
The reservation form only allows me to include 10 tickets or visitors. How can I request more tickets?
The reservation form only allows you to request 10 tickets (number of visitors). To request more tickets (more than 10) you just have to go through another reservation process with the number of visitors or tickets you want.
Are there returns?
Yes. In TicketMachuPicchu, money refunds are allowed for the cancellation of a ticket. This, as long as, is requested with a minimum of 72 hours before the date of entry to Machu Picchu. The return is subject to penalty.
Does the Machu Picchu ticket payment include commission?
Yes. Payment with PayPal or any of our payment methods includes the payment of a commission for shipping. This amount is separate to the cost of the Machu Picchu entrance.
Does the entrance fee for Machu Picchu include taxes or VAT?
Yes. In the payment of the entrance Machu Picchu is included any type of tax or VAT.
Why buy the entrance Machu Picchu in Ticketmachupicchu.com?
Ticketmachupicchu.com is a fast and safe way to get tickets to Machu Picchu. In addition, it allows to buy discounted tickets for university students and minors.
Important information about the purchase of the ticket Machu Picchu
- The purchase of the Huayna Picchu ticket with discount for university students and minors is through the website of a tourism agency.
- If you decided on a ticket that includes some of the Machu Picchu mountains, you’d better know the difference between the Machu Picchu mountain and Huayna Picchu.
- After reserving the tickets Machu Picchu, the second step is to book the train tickets. You will not like having your tickets Machu Picchu and not being able to get there.
- At the entrance to Machu Picchu you will be asked for the printed ticket along with the document with which you made the reservation. If you do not present them, you will not be able to enter Machu Picchu.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, June 2, 2023