Next we show the calendar with the available spaces of the Ticket Machu Picchu per day.
How to check the availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu?
- Choose the type of ticket and the schedule (group) of your preference.
- Choose the month and locate the day you want to make your visit.
- Check the available spaces. For example the term ‘200’ means that there are 200 entries available. The ‘0’ (zero) means that spaces are no longer available.
- If you wish to book a Ticket Machu Picchu, just click on the day of your choice.
Do you want to get availability for the Machu Picchu Ticket in 2019?
- Book your ticket with us and secure your ticket before anyone else.
- Do not stay without finding availability for Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, the Machu Picchu mountain and the Site Museum.
- Aquí puede conseguir la entrada Machu Picchu en menos de 24 horas.
Availability according to each type of ticket – What ticket Machu Picchu to choose?
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only – This ticket allows you to visit the archaeological center of Machu Picchu.
- Morning shift: 6 am to 12 am (2,500 people a day).
- Afternoon shift: 12 am to 5.30 pm (2,500 people a day).
This ticket is the basic one to know Machu Picchu, its beautiful landscape, its flora, fauna and its more than 150 archaeological remains. It is the most purchased entrance to know the Wonder of the World.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – In addition to visiting the citadel of Machu Picchu, with this ticket you can climb the Mountain Huayna Picchu.
- Group 1: income from 7 am to 8 am (200 people a day).
- Group 2: income from 10 am to 11 am (200 people a day).
This ticket is the most desired in the Wonder of the World. It allows to enter Machu Picchu and the incredible mountain Huayna Picchu. The climb to its summit is known as one of the most incredible short walks in the world. On its slopes is the Inca construction: the “Temple of the Moon”.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain – In addition to the visit of the city of Machu Picchu, you can have access to ascend the Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Group 1: income from 7 am to 8 am (400 people a day).
- Group 2: entry from 9 am to 10 am (400 people a day).
This entrance is the great alternative if you do not find availability for Huayna Picchu. It allows you to visit the landscapes and archaeological remains of Machu Picchu and, in addition, ascend to the top of the Machu Picchu mountain, summit located at the top of the Wonder of the World.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum – With this ticket you can visit the city of Machu Picchu in one of its two shifts and the Manuel Chávez Ballón Museum.
- Morning shift: 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Afternoon shift: 12 am to 5.30 pm.
- *The Machu Picchu Site Museum opens from 9 am to 4.30 pm
This entrance is the best option for a cultural visit to the Wonder of the World. It includes a visit to Machu Picchu with its archaeological remains as well as the Machu Picchu Museum, an area where some Inca pieces found during the excavations are exhibited.
Machu Picchu 2018 entrance availability
- Since July 2017, the entrance to Machu Picchu was regulated to a number of 5,940 visitors per day.
- This measure seeks the preservation of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- The entrance of visitors is in 2 shifts: morning and afternoon shift.
- In the morning shift there is an availability of 3,267 people per day. Among them are visitors who access the Inca Trail and the Machu Picchu mountains.
- In the afternoon shift there is an availability of 2,673 people per day.
Tips to find availability – tips to get your ticket Machu Picchu
- Do not trust. A large number of tickets available can be sold out in a few minutes. Make your reservation early.
- Keep in mind that at the same time that you see online availability, many agencies and people in different parts of the world are reserving those spaces.
- Some agencies buy the Ticket Machu Picchu for large groups; so it would not be strange that in the course of 10 minutes about 40 spaces are occupied.
- The Ticket Huayna Picchu must be booked at least 2 months in advance. It is the ticket that most quickly runs out.
- Although it is rare, there are cases in which a reservation is canceled due to lack of payment. In those cases, the ticket is again available to you.
About availability – Why is there little availability to Machu Picchu?
- As a measure of protection and conservation, only a limited number of visitors per day can access Machu Picchu and its mountains.
- The entrance time to the Inca city depends on the kind of ticket that is acquired, the schedules of the shifts and groups must be taken into account according to the type of ticket.
- The roads that lead to the top of Huayna Picchu are narrow. That is why, for security reasons, the entry is restricted to only 400 visitors per day.
- The mountain Machu Picchu has wider roads but more demanding than the Waynapicchu. In order to safeguard the integrity of visitors, only 800 people per day are allowed to enter.
In how much time do Machu Picchu tickets usually run out?
During the tourist low season (from November to March):
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only: 3 days before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu: 2 months before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain: 3 days before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum: 3 days before.
During the high season of tourism (from April to October):
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only: 1 week before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu: 3 months before ..
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain: 1 week before.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum: 1 week before.
Why book now?
- If you want to visit this wonder do not waste time. Book it now and secure your entry to the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
- The demand for tickets to Machu Picchu goes up over time. This makes the prices of the entrance tickets also go up.
- As time passes it is more difficult to enter Machu Picchu. Do not miss the opportunity to visit the magical city of Machu Picchu or the amazing mountain Huayna Picchu.
- Reserve your entrance to Machu Picchu 2019 from the date of delivery of the availability that starts in December 2018.
If you found tickets available, book now. In the case of the Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, you will need to book it 6 months in advance.
Are there discounts on the price of the Machu Picchu Ticket?
- Discount for minors
Children under 8 years old do not pay for the ticket Machu Picchu. Children from 8 to 17 years old can buy the Ticket Machu Picchu with a discount on the price. To do this they must send a copy of their passport.
- Discount for students
Students who have a university card can access a discount on the price of tickets Machu Picchu. To do this they must send the digital copy of the current university card.
- Discount for CAN
People belonging to the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia; They also have access to a discount on the price of the Machu Picchu ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions about Income Availability Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu closes some day of the year?
Machu Picchu remains open 365 days a year. Admission is Monday through Sunday, including holidays.
Is the availability shown here official?
Yes, the availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu shown here is the official one. The numbers are official statistics of the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
Can I get availability if I buy the Machu Picchu entrance in Cusco?
When buying tickets in the city of Cusco and a few days before the visit to Machu Picchu there is a risk of not finding tickets available. In the case of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, it is impossible to get tickets missing a few days. The reservation must be made online and at least 2 months in advance.
If I find availability, how do I book my ticket Machu Picchu?
If you find availability, proceed with the reservation in 3 simple steps:
- Fill in your personal information in the booking form.
- Send your documentation through an email and make the respective payment of the value of the Ticket Machu Picchu.
- Receive the Ticket Machu Picchu in your email. Print it and go!
How long before it is recommended to book the Ticket Machu Picchu to get availability?
Today, booking online ensures you a ticket to Machu Picchu. However, this reservation must be made in advance. It is recommended to book tickets at least 1 week in advance. The ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, 3 months before.
Can I get availability if I book the Ticket Machu Picchu at the last minute?
Yes, it is possible to buy the Ticket Machu Picchu at the last minute. The minimum time to make the reservation online is 3 days with the exception of the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu (2 months before).
Does the availability of tickets include children?
Children under 8 do not need to look for availability since they do not pay entrance. They only need to enter Machu Picchu accompanied by their parents showing the identity document that proves their age. The other people buy your ticket.
No availability in Huayna Picchu! What I do?
Unfortunately, the Huayna Picchu Ticket is the fastest one. Nothing can be done if there is no longer availability. It is recommended to book the ticket 3 months in advance.
I do not find availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu for the following year. Can you book from one year to another?
The reservation of tickets for the following year is enabled only in December.
However, it is possible to separate the Ticket Machu Picchu some time before. In those cases, the tickets will be sent to your email just in December. This is due to the logistics established by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
What is high season, low season of tourism and how does it affect the availability of the ticket Machu Picchu?
High season of tourism is the time of greatest tourism in Cusco and Machu Picchu. It runs from April to October. During those days it is more difficult to get availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu. That is why reservations must be made 1 month in advance (4 months for the Huayna Picchu Ticket).
The low season runs from November to March. In those months it is less difficult to get availability. The reservation must be made 1 week in advance (2 months for the Huayna Picchu Ticket).
Is it difficult to get availability of the Inca Trail?
The Inca Trail is the 4 day and 3 night trekking route to the Inca City of Machu Picchu. Only 500 tickets are available per day. It is recommended to make the reservation 6 months in advance.
Is it difficult to get availability on train tickets to Machu Picchu?
The train tickets that transport visitors to the town of Aguas Calientes (at the foot of Machu Picchu) also have little availability. It is recommended to book them immediately after getting the tickets to Machu Picchu.