Machu Picchu is one of the 7 wonders of the modern world but many Peruvians have not yet visited it. Doing it is easier than it seems. Citizens of Peru have a special discount on the entrance and train prices. There is even free admission for cusqueños on Sundays. Find out about the requirements and go ahead and visit the Inca Citadel.
- How much does the Machu Picchu ticket cost for Peruvians?
- Does the ticket have a discount?
- Where to buy Machu Picchu tickets for Peruvians?
- How to buy the tickets?
- What documents to present to reserve the ticket for Peruvians?
- And where to buy train tickets?
- How much does the ticket to Huayna Picchu cost for Peruvians?
- How much are the other tickets to Machu Picchu for Peruvians?
- How to enter Machu Picchu for free if you are Peruvian?
- Photo gallery
- What other places to visit in Cusco and Machu Picchu?
How much does the Machu Picchu ticket cost for Peruvians?
The price of tickets for Peruvians depends on the type of ticket chosen.
There are 5 types of tickets:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Inca Bridge.
The price of the Machu Picchu Only ticket is the most used because it allows you to enter Machu Picchu, appreciate the Inca archaeological structures and take the classic postal photo in the Wonder of the World.
Machu Picchu Ticket Price for Peruvians:
|Ticket Machu Picchu Only||Price for citizens of Peru|
|University student (under 25 years old)||32 S/.|
|Child (3 to 17 years)||32 S/.|
*The prices shown are in Peruvian soles and belong to the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
Does the ticket have a discount?
There are special discounts on the price of the Machu Picchu ticket for undergraduate university students (under 25 years of age) and children (from 3 to 17 years of age).
University students must make their reservation by sending a digital copy of the current university card together with the national identity document (D.N.I).
Children (3 to 17 years old) access the discount by making the reservation and sending the digital copy of the D.N.I. proving the age of the minor.
Children under 3 years of age enter for free as long as they present their D.N.I. that proves age. The income is accompanied by their parents or an older person.
Where to buy Machu Picchu tickets for Peruvians?
There are 3 ways to get the Machu Picchu entrance for Peruvians:
- Booking a tour that includes a visit to the Wonder of the World.
- Buying the ticket directly in the city of Cusco.
- Booking the ticket in advance online.
The places authorized to sell the ticket in Cusco are:
- Garcilaso Street s/n Cusco (Garcilaso House).
- Calle Maruri 324, Cusco (Ministry of Culture of Peru).
- Pachacutec Avenue s/n (town of Aguas Calientes).
The cheapest way is to purchase the ticket in Cusco or online. However, to ensure entry it is advisable to do it online and in advance.
In the network there are several websites that offer the sale of the Machu Picchu ticket. There is also the official site of the Ministry of Culture of Peru. Which to choose? Choose the most reliable site that provides you with the best service.
At boletomachupicchu.com we offer you a fast, safe and quality service. We have internet security service and various payment methods. We are authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
How to buy the tickets?
To book tickets online on our web platform, you only have to follow the following steps:
- Check the availability of any of the 5 types of tickets to Machu Picchu in the month, day and time of your choice.
- Complete the reservation form with your personal data (names, email, country, gender, age, type and number of document).
- Pay the price of the ticket through Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
- Receive the Machu Picchu tickets in your email inbox (in PDF format). Print it out and present it the day you enter the Wonder of the World.
What documents to present to reserve the ticket for Peruvians?
- The most important document to make the reservation and during the entrance to Machu Picchu is the D.N.I.
- This document must be current. At the time of your admission, they will check that the data of your D.N.I. match those on your ticket.
- University students must present the current university card in addition to the D.N.I.
- Foreigners residing in Peru must present their immigration card to access discounts and other benefits.
And where to buy train tickets?
Unlike foreigners, Peruvians benefit from the local train to Machu Picchu. This service has an economic cost (24 soles, round trip).
The reservation is not made online but in person. To do this, Peruvian tourists must go to authorized places of sale days before visiting the Wonder of the World.
What is the local train for Peruvians?
The local train is a Peru Rail service for the exclusive use of the people of Cusco who make the daily route to Machu Picchu and surroundings. Peruvian tourists can use this non-tourist service for a cost of 12 soles one way and another 12 soles return. The ticket must be purchased in person (5 to 7 days before) in the city of Cusco. Foreign tourists do not have access to this train, so they must purchase a tourist train (cost approximately 50 dollars).
These are the authorized places:
- San Pedro Station: Calle Cascaparo s/n, Cercado del Cusco.
- Wanchaq Station: Av. Pachacutec s/n, Wanchaq District, Cusco.
- Ollantaytambo Station: Av. Ferrocarril s/n, town of Ollantaytambo.
The local train leaves from the Ollantaytambo station to the town of Aguas Calientes at the following times:
Local train schedules:
|Departure time||Check In||Round trip price)|
|05:05 a.m.||06:34 a.m.||24 soles.|
|09:50 a.m.||11:49 a.m.||24 soles.|
|12:58 p.m.||02:25 p.m.||24 soles.|
|07:00 p.m.||08:45 p.m.||24 soles.|
|09:00 p.m.||10:45 p.m.||24 soles.|
If you want to secure your trip to Machu Picchu, you can also book another train service. There are 2 companies that operate the route: Peru Rail and Inca Rail. The other services have a higher cost but provide more comforts.
How much does the ticket to Huayna Picchu cost for Peruvians?
The Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu ticket includes a visit to the Waynapicchu mountain. This ticket also includes the tour of the archaeological remains of Machu Picchu. Peruvians have a reduction in the normal price of the ticket.
Huayna Picchu Ticket Price for Peruvians:
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu||Price for citizens of Peru|
|Student (under 25 years old)||80 S/.|
|Child (8 to 17 years)||80 S/.|
*The prices shown are in Peruvian soles and belong to the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
- The Huayna Picchu ticket is only reserved online and at least 3 months in advance.
- There are discounts for undergraduate university students (under 25 years of age) and children (between 3 and 17 years of age).
- The entrance to Waynapicchu is only allowed to people over 12 years of age.
How much are the other tickets to Machu Picchu for Peruvians?
In addition to the entrances, Machupicchu Solo and Machupicchu with Huaynapicchu there are four other types of tickets to Machu Picchu that are: the Machupicchu ticket with Mountain, the Machupicchu ticket with Huchuypicchu and the Machupicchu ticket with Inca Bridge.
|Entrance Machupicchu with Mountain.||Entrance Machupicchu with Huchuypicchu||Entrance Machupicchu with Inca Bridge|
|Adult Peruvians||112 S/.||64 S/.||64 S/.|
|University Peruvians||80 S/.||32 S/.||32 S/.|
|Peruvian minors (from 3 to 18 years old)||80 S/.||32 S/.||32 S/.|
How to enter Machu Picchu for free if you are Peruvian?
- Only Cusco citizens can visit Machu Picchu for free if they make their reservation on the official website. The visit is only available on Sundays throughout the year.
- In addition, children under 3 years of any nationality can visit Machu Picchu for free (any day of the year).
What other places to visit in Cusco and Machu Picchu?
There are many tourist attractions in Cusco and Machu Picchu to visit. In many of them, Peruvians benefit from lower prices.
- Machu Picchu Mountain – If you can’t get tickets to Huayna Picchu, the best option is to book a ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain. The ascent to the top of this summit is as spectacular as Waynapicchu.
- The Machu Picchu Museum – The Manuel Chávez Ballón Site Museum exhibits ceramic, lithic and bone remains found in the archaeological site. Afternoon admission to the Machu Picchu Museum is free for everyone!
- The thermal baths of Aguas Calientes – After visiting the Wonder of the World, a great option is to relax in the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes. It is located at the foot of the Inca enclosure. It has cheap prices for Peruvians.
- Sacsayhuaman – The Sacsayhuaman fortress is one of the most important tourist attractions in Cusco. There are carved stones of immense size and whose construction is still a mystery. The entrance is with the Tourist Ticket of Cusco.
- Coricancha – The Coricancha was the most important Inca temple in Cusco. Inside there are finely carved walls. It is located in the Historic Center of Cuzco. Access is also with the Cusco Tourist Ticket.
- Pisac – The archaeological site of Pisac has constructions as impressive as Machu Picchu. It is located on top of a mountain, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Ollantaytambo – The Ollantaytambo fortress preserves Inca constructions of great proportions. His tour is as incredible as Machu Picchu.
Advice from people who have been there
“amazing Machu Picchu “
“I came with my children and it was really the best to see the sundial, the sacred stone, even a squirrel and much more...“
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, April 5, 2023