The Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum allows you to have a double cultural experience in Machu Picchu: the tour of the Inca City and the visit to the Machu Picchu Site Museum.
Is there availability for this ticket?
Availability Online Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
The availability is shown in real time and corresponds to the number of available seats at the chosen date. The ‘0’ means that there is no available space anymore.
- Machu Picchu Site Museum
- What does the ticket Machu Picchu + Museum include?
- Choose one of the 2 shifts of the Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum – Morning shift
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum – Afternoon shift
- What do I do if I can not find ticket Machu Picchu + Museo availability?
- Recommendations for the trip to the Machu Picchu Site Museum
Machu Picchu Site Museum
- Manuel Chávez Ballón Museum exhibits pre-Inca and Inca archaeological samples.
- It has material from Machu Picchu as ceramics, lithic pieces, metal objects and others.
- It also shows dynamically through sequences distributed between panels, infographics and maps.
- The Museum exhibits in a modern way in eight sequences, its collections, artifacts and tools along with audiovisual material.
To get to the Machu Picchu Museum, you only have to cross the ‘Puente Ruinas’ that crosses the Urubamba River. The Museum is open from Monday to Sunday.
What does include the Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum?
This entry allows you to visit:
The Inca City of Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu has like main enclosures: the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Condor, the Main Seat and many other constructions.
The Machu Picchu Site Museum ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’
- The museum presents an exhibition of objects and archaeological remains found in the Inca City. Likewise, it has a multimedia presentation and a visit to its Botanical Garden.
Choose one of the 2 shifts of the Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
The ticket Machu Picchu + Museum offers entrance to the Inca City in 2 schedules:
- Morning Shift – Hours: 6 am – 12 pm
- Afternoon shift – Hours: 12 pm – 5.30 pm
The Manuel Chávez Ballón Site Museum is open to the public:
- Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
You must schedule your visit to the museum according to the shift you chose to visit the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum – Morning Shift
- Most tourists choose to visit the Inca City in the morning shift.
- This allows them to appreciate the sunrise at Machu Picchu (6 am).
- They can stay there until 12 pm
- After visiting Machu Picchu, tourists can have lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- The Machu Picchu Site Museum is open until 4:30 p.m.
- Tourists should visit the Museum after lunch.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum – Afternoon Shift
- Not many tourists visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon shift.
- This allows to tour the Inca City with fewer tourists around.
- This schedule is ideal to appreciate the sunset in Machu Picchu (5.30 pm).
- Tourists who choose this schedule can stay until 5.30 p.m.
- Before visiting Machu Picchu, tourists should visit the Museum.
- The Machu Picchu Museum is open from 9 a.m.
What to do if I do not find availability of the ticket Machu Picchu + Museum?
- It is recommended to book the ticket Machu Picchu + Museum up to 3 days before the visit.
- If you do not find availability for the ticket Machu Picchu + Museum in the morning shift, try to find availability in the afternoon shift.
- If you did not find availability, just do not miss the opportunity to visit the Machu Picchu Museum in Aguas Calientes.
- Remember that the entrance to the Machu Picchu Site Museum is free in the afternoon shift.
To enter the Museum of Machu Picchu for free in the afternoon (from 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.), you should only go near and show your passport or identity document.
Recommendations for the trip to the Machu Picchu Site Museum
- The space inside the Machu Picchu Museum is reduced so you will not be able to take your luggage. At the entrance you will find lockers at your disposal where you can leave your belongings.
- It is forbidden to take photos and / or record videos within the exhibition halls.
- You must schedule your visit to the Machu Picchu Museum depending on the turn you chose to visit the Inca Citadel, either in the morning or in the afternoon.