Are you looking for a dose of adrenaline to the trip in Cusco? Performing bungee jumping is the most adventurous option. This extreme sport offers a fall of up to 125 meters high, the largest in Latin America. The place is in the Poroy district, just 16 kilometers from the city of Cusco. How much? What security measures must be taken? Learn more about this extreme place.
- Cusco, adventurous destination
- What is bungee jumping?
- How to do bungee jumping in Cusco?
- How to go there?
- Other extreme adventure sports in Cusco
- More information
- Pictures of bungee jumping in Cusco
- Some advices
Bungee Jumping in Cusco
Cusco, adventurer destination
- Cusco offers history, culture and also adventure. Its mountainous geography is ideal for practicing sports such as cycling, trekking, paragliding and more.
- The place in Cusco where more adventure sports can be practiced is the Sacred Valley of the Incas. There are even some sports that include visiting famous archaeological sites such as the Salineras de Maras and the circular platforms of Moray.
- In the town of Poroy, just 16 kilometers from the city of Cusco, you can practice one of the most extreme sports: bungee jumping.
What is bungee jumping?
- Bungee jumping, also called ‘bungee jumping’ is an extreme sport that consists of jumping from a high platform held by an elastic rope.
- Some of the highest bungee jumping in the world are on a) the Europa Brucke Bridge in Austria (190 meters high), the Macao Tower in China (233 meters high), the Bloukrans Bridge in South Africa (216 meters high) and the Verzasca Dam in Switzerland (220 meters high).
- Cusco’s bungee jumping is considered the highest in Latin America. It has an altitude of 125 meters of altitude. From there you have an incredible view of the chain of mountains typical of the Andes.
How to do bungee jumping in Cusco?
- To do bungee jumping in Cusco there are two options: a) hire an extreme tour with a tourism agency or b) go on your own to the ‘Action Valley’ park, the company that performs this service in the Poroy district.
How to go there?
- The bungee jumping takes place in the ‘Action Valley’ park, located in the Poroy district, 16 kilometers by road from the city of Cusco.
- To go there, you can contact the office located in the city of Cusco located on Calle Santa Teresa 325, a few steps from the Main square of Cusco. The bungee jumping service already includes transportation to the place.
- Another option is to go on your own to the ‘Action Valley’ park. For this you can take a taxi from the Main square in Cusco or take a public transport from the company ‘Expreso Santiago’.
Map to get to Action Valley
- The bungee jumping service has a cost of 90 US dollars. Includes transportation service, safety equipment and specialized instructors.
- Action Valley Park is open to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Daily departures from the city of Cusco are at 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm and 4 pm.
Other extreme adventure sports in Cusco
- Slingshot – This extreme sport is the closest thing to flying like Superman. Through an elastic rope the visitor is thrown up to 120 meters high at high speed. This adventure is also included in the ‘Action Valley’ park. There are promotions to practice it together with bungee jumping.
- Paintball – This team sport offers a wide area of 3,000 square meters within the Action Valley (where bungee jumping is also practiced). It has all the necessary equipment such as paint bullets, a suit, helmets and more. It is one of the most fun options to practice with a group of friends.
- Bungee jumping is not recommended for: people with heart problems, hypertension, spinal problems, scoliosis, varicose veins, recent fractures or pregnant women.
- Bungee jumping is a high-risk sport. Before making the jump, visitors must sign a document that specifies that the only person responsible for any physical damage during the adventure is the tourist himself.
- To perform bungee jumping, the person must have more than 45 kilos and less than 115 kilos.
- The minimum age to play this sport is 13 years old. Adolescents must have the authorization signed by their parents or guardians. The maximum age is 65 years. If you are older and want to jump, you must have a medical certificate that guarantees your good health.
- The bungee jumping service does not include any type of health insurance.
- If you like sports, but not very extreme sports, you can think of other options in Cusco. Most adventure sports such as canoeing, cycling, trekking and even paragliding are They practice in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- The wind in the heights can make your hair stand on end before bungee jumping. Bring a windbreaker jacket and comfortable pants with you. This way you will feel less of the impact of the altitude.
- The town of Poroy is not only famous because bungee jumping is practiced there. There is also one of the train stations that will take you to Machu Picchu.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, July 13, 2021