Problems with the purchase of the ticket to Machu Picchu with the VISA card? The drawback number 1 of online reservations in the world is called ‘Verified by Visa’.
To buy the ticket through the official Machu Picchu website, it is necessary to have this security system on the Visa card. This process can be stressful. There are even cases of people who desist from visiting the Inca City for this cause.
So, how to pay the ticket with Visa?
- What are the ways to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu?
- What is the electronic ticket?
- Why is it better to buy the ticket online?
- Where to buy the entrance ticket online?
- How to buy the ticket easy, fast and safe?
- Problems with the VISA card to pay the Machu Picchu ticket?
- What is ‘Verified by Visa’?
- How to solve the problems with the Visa card?
- How to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu with Visa without problems?
- Is it safe to buy online?
- Other possible problems regarding the purchase of the Ticket Machu Picchu
- Frequent questions
What are the ways to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu?
There are 3 ways to buy tickets to the Inca City:
- Buying the tickets directly in the city of Cusco.
- Reserving them online with authorized agencies.
- Buy tickets on this website (Ticket Machu Picchu).
The first is done in person. The second and third, from anywhere in the world. In both cases you must submit / send your passport, identity document or university card. The ticket is personal.
The authorized offices for the purchase of the ticket in Cusco are:
- In the Address Desconcertada de Cultura Cusco: Calle Maruri 324, Cusco (2 blocks from the Main Square of the Cusco).
- In the Garcilaso House: Garcilaso Street s/n Cusco.
- In the Ministry of Culture of Aguas Calientes: Avenida Pachacutec s/n.
What is the electronic ticket?
The electronic ticket is the entrance to Machu Picchu that is booked online. It can be booked from anywhere in the world. After making the reservation process, the ticket arrives in the visitor’s email inbox in PDF format. The tourist should only print it and present it the day of his entrance to the Inca City.
To reserve the electronic ticket, the documents (passport, university card, etc.) are sent in digital format through an email. Payment is made by credit or debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club), bank deposits or other payment methods such as PayPal.
Why is it better to buy the ticket online?
Today, more people reserve their entrance to Machu Picchu online. The main advantage is that it allows to get availability months in advance.
Here are some other reasons why book online:
- It is the only way to get the ticket to the Huayna Picchu mountain. This ticket is the one with the highest demand. It has to be booked months in advance.
- During the high season of tourism (from April to October), buying tickets online is the best way to ensure entry into the Inca City. During those months, the tickets suffer great demand.
- By booking online you avoid the long queues that are formed in authorized places to buy tickets in Cusco.
- The ticket remains in the visitor’s email. In case of loss, you should only print the ticket as many times as you want.
- When you reserve the Machu Picchu ticket online you have the security of the day of entry to the Inca City. The rest is to organize tours, trains, hotels and others.
At Ticket Machu Picchu you can buy your discounted tickets for university students, minors and citizens of the Andean Community of Nations: Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia.
Where to buy the entrance ticket online?
On the internet there are several websites that offer entrance tickets to Machu Picchu. The page of the Ministry of Culture of Peru is the official ticket sales website. In addition, there are other agencies that charge an extra fee for their services. Another option is to book a tour that includes the entrance to the Wonder of the World.
The official website only accepts verified Visa cards. That is why many tourists have problems with buying tickets online. Ticketmachupicchu.com is the number 1 website selling tickets to the Inca City of Machu Picchu. This website is legitimate and accepts any type of credit or debit cards such as Visa or MasterCard.
How to buy the easy, fast and safe ticket on this website?
Ticketmachupicchu.com is the great option to acquire the entrance to Machupicchu the Wonder of the World without problems. Our service is easy, fast and safe. We accept any type of credit card (including Visa without ‘Verified’). It is also possible to pay with MasterCard, Diners Club or PayPal.
To make the purchase online only follow the following 5 steps:
- Check the availability of the type of ticket and schedule of your preference.
- Fill in the information requested in the reservation form.
- Send your passport, identity document or university card through an email.
- Choose ‘Visa’ as payment method. You just have to enter some information that appears on the card and you’re done!.
- In your email inbox you will receive a payment invoice showing the amount sent for the purchase of the ticket.
- Print the tickets that will arrive in your inbox in less than 24 hours.
Problems with the Visa card when paying the ticket Machu Picchu?
The official website of the Ministry of Culture of Peru only accepts ‘Verified by Visa’ cards for the purchase of the entrance to Machu Picchu. That’s why many visitors decide to buy tickets on other websites. Even, in the worst case, they desist from knowing the Wonder of the World.
The official website for ticket sales to Machu Picchu only accepts ‘Verified by Visa’ cards. In any way it is possible to pay the entrance to the Inca City with another type of card (MasterCard, American Express, etc).
What is ‘Verified by Visa’?
‘Verified by Visa’ is a service that provides greater security during the purchase online. To join this system you need a password or extra signature. In the world, many businesses operate with this security system. The official page of sale of the ticket to Machu Picchu is one of them.
However, not many credit cards are affiliated with this online shopping system. That is why there are many problems when booking the Machu Picchu ticket on the official website.
How to solve the problems with the Visa card?
To buy the Machu Picchu Ticket with a Visa card on the official website you need to register the card in ‘Verified by Visa’. For this you must contact your issuing bank and request membership.
To register your card with this service, you must enter some information about the card as well as the password and the personal message. The process depends on the bank where the Visa card is affiliated. Once the process is finished, it is already possible to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu on the official site.
If the problems persist, it is advisable to contact the ‘call center’ service of the Ministry of Culture of Peru. It is because of these problems that many visitors decide to acquire the entry on other websites.
How to buy the ticket to Machu Picchu with Visa without problems?
At Ticket Machu Picchu we accept any type of Visa card. Payment is made through an easy and secure interface. Payment is made with any type of ‘Visa’ card (no ‘Verified by Visa’ card required).
To make the payment without problems you must follow the following steps:
- Complete the booking form with your personal information.
- Choose ‘Visa’ as payment method.
- Complete the details of the card: card number, first names, last names and email. Finally ‘pay’.
- In the inbox of your email you will receive an e-mail with the payment invoice.
- After 24 hours (48 hours on weekends), you will receive the Machu Picchu ticket in digital version (PDF). You just have to print it and you’re done!
Is it safe to buy online?
Yes, it is safe to buy tickets to Machu Picchu online. However, there may also be cases of unauthorized agencies offering this service illegally.
These are the requirements that a website must meet to offer tickets to the Inca City:
- The travel agency that offers tickets on a website must be properly accredited and authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Perú.
- The website has security certificates online, such as SSL or Norton Secured.
- The travel agency has several communication channels: telephones, email, Facebook, etc.
- The agency has its own convenient location.
Ticket Machu Picchu is the number 1 website for ticket sales to the Inca City. We have authorization from the Ministry of Culture of Peru, SSL security system, communication systems and own local easy location in the city of Cusco.
Other possible problems regarding the purchase of the Machu Picchu Ticket
The payment with Visa is not the only problem when buying the ticket to the Inca City. These are some of the most frequent problems when making the reservation on the official website:
- The page does not work or is temporarily closed – From time to time the official page remains inoperative for maintenance. It is recommended to keep trying until it works normally again.
- Payment can not be made with a MasterCard – The official page only accepts ‘Verified by Visa’ cards. Payment by MasterCard is not possible.
- The official page does not allow typing the information properly – The official page has some errors when filling the spaces with the information requested. It is recommended to find a way to properly type the spaces.
- • The tickets take a long time to be sent to the email – In some cases, the tickets take more than 24 hours to reach the customer. It is advisable to communicate to the telephones and solve the problem personally.
1. Is Visa the only card with which you can buy the ticket to Machu Picchu?
The official site only accepts Visa cards to pay the entrance to the Inca City. At ticketmachupicchu.com we accept Visa, MasterCard and Diners Club cards.
2. Who can I contact if I have any problem when buying a Machu Picchu ticket with a Visa card?
In case you have a problem with your card during the purchase of the Machu Picchu ticket, please contact the bank’s issuer of the card. On the back of this, the information of the same one appears.
3. What else will the Visa card in Machu Picchu do for me?
In Cusco and Machu Picchu most services and businesses accept the Visa card as a means of payment. However, many of these charge an extra fee for making the payment through this medium.
4. Is there an extra fee to pay with Visa?
Yes there is a commission to pay with Visa. On our website, this amount is paid by PayPal and is one of the lowest in the market.
5. How to obtain a Visa card for the trip to Machu Picchu?
Visa does not issue cards. To obtain one, you must make the respective procedure with the bank of your choice.
6. Is it safe to shop online using a Visa card?
Currently, there are many methods to detect an alleged scam before payment with a Visa card. In the case of the purchase of the ticket to Machu Picchu, corroborate that the selling agency of the ticket is authorized to offer these services.
To verify that an agency is authorized to sell the entrance to the Inca City, follow these steps:
- Enter the official website: www.machupicchu.gob.pe and click on ‘consultations’.
- In the new window click on the tab ‘Agencies’.
- Choose the archaeological center ‘Machu Picchu’ and choose search by code, address, telephone or RUC.
‘Authorized means that it is allowed to sell tickets to the Inca City.
7. Are there discounts to pay with a Visa card?
The discounts we offer are the same for paying with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express card:
- Discounts for undergraduate students and under 25s.
- Discounts for minors (between 8 and 17 years old).
- Discounts for citizens belonging to the Andean Community of Nations (Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- How to access discounts for the entrance to Machupicchu?
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, June 26, 2019