Machu Picchu Ticket
106 articles
Machu Picchu tickets in double shift
Click to rate article

Tickets Machu Picchu in two shifts

As of July 1, 2017, you can buy Machu Picchu tickets in two shifts, in order to comply with the new regulations for the conservation of the Inca city of Machu Picchu. Depending on the ticket you choose, you can enter Machu Picchu in the morning or afternoon. This measure was adopted in order to guarantee more fluid visits, and for the conservation of the wonder.

Panoramic view of Machu Picchu in the morning shift
Get your Machu Picchu tickets for the two shifts

Ticket Machu Picchu Only moorning shift

We will not tell you that you will be able to see the sunrise in Machu Picchu, because when visitors enter from 6 am, the sun is already high and the Inca city is fully illuminated, despite the cloudy dawn. However, it is the ticket that we recommend reserving if you plan to come to Machu Picchu during the rainy season, because most of the rains fall in the afternoon (although remember that Machu Picchu can rain at any time. The morning sun is the right moment to see the attractions of the Inca city of Machu Picchu in all its magnitude; On the other hand, entering Machu Picchu very early will allow you to have Machu Picchu as alone as possible, as it could be part of the first groups that will be allowed to enter the citadel; and this, believe us, is something you will want in the enigmatic and mysterious Machu Picchu.

  • Includes: The Inca city of Machu Picchu (the Main Temple, and Temple of the three windows, the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the Condor, the Royal Palace, andenería, are more than 150 structures built amazingly in stone, with techniques that even now is a mystery.
  • Hours: from 06:00 am to 12:00 pm
  • Availability: 3,267

Ticket Machu Picchu only afternoon shift

With this ticket you can enter Machu Picchu from noon. Photographers and photography lovers from all over the world believe that the afternoon is the best time to capture the best images of Machu Picchu, and we believe that it is because the city looks simply beautiful in the warm light of the afternoon; In addition, in one way or another, there will be fewer people. In addition, the rainy season could grant you a multiple rainbow show without equal.

  • Includes: the Inca city of Machu
  • Hours: from 12:00 pm to 05:30 pm
  • Availability: 3,267

Recommendations

  • The availability of 3,267 tickets is referential, since to enter 3,267 (55%) in one of the shifts, the other will be reduced to 2,673 (45%). Preference will be given to the morning.

  • A higher availability of Machu Picchu tickets (previously there were 2500), does not mean that you can wait too long to book them. The high season (May – August) will make everything run out before and what is left is more expensive; so remember that the other reservations depend on when and in what turn you will enter Machu Picchu.

  • You cannot enter Machu Picchu without a guide. You can hire a guide to Machu Picchu at the entrance door; the groups are of maximum 16 people; however, we do not recommend leaving the reserve and the capacity of your guide to orange blossom. You can hire some of the best Machu Picchu guides with us; request it when booking your Machu Picchu tickets.

  • Machu Picchu tickets that include the mountains are very limited, and must be reserved in advance. In the case of the ticket that includes the Huayna Picchu mountain, it must be reserved 4 months before, otherwise it will not be possible to reserve one of the 400 available.

  • Train tickets must be reserved after knowing the exact date when you will leave to Machu Picchu; the cheapest services tend to run out weeks before and only the most expensive ones will be left at the end.

  • The Machu Picchu ticket Only in any of the shifts, includes the possibility of short hikes as the Inca Bridge or the sun gate (old main entrance of Machu Picchu.

  • To acquire the ticket Machu Picchu of the morning shift, we recommend sleeping in Aguas Calientes so you can enter Machu Picchu very early; but you can also choose to sleep in Ollantaytambo and board one of the trains to Machu Picchu very early. Entering the first hour of the morning will allow you to take advantage of all the time available in Machu Picchu.

Interesting

A record of 1.4 million visitors had Machu Picchu in 2016; 11% more than the previous year.

“Unlike oil and gold, which can be exhausted, Machu Picchu must always remain,” said Carreño Peralta, of the Ministry of Culture.

Advice from people who have been there

Machu Picchu

Susana FBy: Susana F

“Unrivalled“

“A place for incredible. We climbed from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu before dawn. The path is beautiful. Then we climb the wayna, but we go down some death stairs and through the beautiful temple, the moon.“

 

By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, March 17, 2018