The Inca Trail is considered one of the 5 best walks in the world. To reserve a place on this route you must enter the website of an authorized tourism agency and purchase a space. Remember that this hiking route is acquired several months in advance.
- What is the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- How to book the Inca Trail 2019?
- Why book the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu from now on?
- Where to book the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- Other alternatives to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Questions and answers about the Inca Trail reservation
There are 2 versions of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. a) the Classic Inca Trail (4 days) and the Short Inca Trail (2 days). In both cases you must buy the spaces online. The Classic Inca Trail is reserved 5 or 6 months before. The Short Inca Trail, only weeks in advance.
What is the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- The Inca Trail is the famous 4-day hiking route until arriving at Machu Picchu through the Puerta del Sol (Intipunku), just as the Incas did hundreds of years ago.
- This ancient Inca route was cut to 39.6 kilometers for the passage of tourists. It reaches its highest point in the ‘Pass of the Dead Woman’, at 4,125 meters from the sea (13,533 ft). Then descend through mountainous jungle landscapes until arriving at Machu Picchu, 2,430 meters from the sea (7,972 ft).
- The Inca Trail is considered one of the best walks in the world. As you descend from the Andes to the eyebrow of the Amazon jungle you will see amazing Inca and pre-Inca constructions, such as: Runkurakay, Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna.
How to book the Inca Trail 2019?
To make the Inca Trail yes or yes you must reserve your space through a tourism agency. Follow these steps to secure your place on the Inca Trail 2019:
- Enter the website of an authorized tourism agency to offer income to the Inca Trail.
- Choose the date you want to do the Inca Trail and check if there are still spaces available for the Inca Trail 4 days. (The 2-day Inca Trail can be purchased only weeks in advance).
- If there is still availability, take advantage of making your reservation. Just click on ‘Book’ and complete the personal information of you and your companions.
- Make the payment of the tour (includes the entrance to the Inca Trail) by credit or debit card. It is usually done with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.
- Check your email with the payment receipt made.
- One night before the start of the Inca Trail, you will meet your tour guide and receive an informative talk about the complete itinerary for the next day.
Why book the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu from now on?
- To secure your entry to the Inca Trail 4 days you must reserve your permit 5 or 6 months in advance. Remember that the purchase is made through the website of an authorized tourism agency.
- The start of the sale of the Inca Trail begins in October (for the following year). If you want to make the walk in January, March or April ( in February the Inca Trail remains closed ); The most advisable thing is to make the purchase as soon as the sale of spaces begins.
Where to book the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu?
- The Peruvian government ensures the well-being of each of the passengers, requiring them to be part of an excursion group led by a guide and with the help of support staff. Thus, you will not be able to complete the Inca Trail on your own. You can only do it through an authorized tourism agency.
- There are several tourism agencies that offer tours (including income) to the Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Each one offers its own prices according to the quality of the service they perform.
- In general, a tour of the Inca Trail includes the following: a) entrance to the Inca Trail, b) official tourist guide, c) entrance to Machu Picchu, d) cooks, e) porters, f) return transport and g) equipment camp.
Disconnect some days of the world on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. The adventure awaits you but tickets must be purchased 5 or 6 months in advance. We recommend you reserve a space online right now.
Other alternatives to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
In addition to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu there are other hiking trails where spectacular landscapes and experiences are traveled. All must be done through an authorized tourism agency.
- Salkantay – The Salkantay Trek is a 5-day, 4-night hiking trail that runs through high mountain landscapes (runs through the ‘Abra del Salkantay snowy’) until arriving at the Inca City of Machu Picchu along the Aguas Calientes route. Tourists travel approximately 74 kilometers.
- Lares Trek – The Lares Trek is a 4-day and 3-night hiking route that runs through Quechua villages with a lot of tradition such as Lares, Wacahuasi, Willoq and more. In total, tourists travel 37 kilometers on foot until arriving at Machu Picchu on the Aguas Calientes route. It is famous for the cultural experience that the tourist lives during the tour.
- Ausangate Trek – The Ausangate Trek is a hiking trail to the slopes of the famous Ausangate snowfall, the highest in Cusco and one of the highest in Peru. It lasts 6 days and 5 nights and also crosses lagoons, valleys as well as the famous Mountain of the 7 Colors. In total, tourists walk 74 kilometers on foot.
Questions and answers about the Inca Trail reservation
Is there an income limit for the Inca Trail?
The number of visitors who are allowed to enter the Inca Trail trails each day is limited to 500 people. However, keep in mind that this figure includes the 300 people who are part of the support staff. This means that only 200 tourists end up entering Machu Picchu each day.
When is the Inca Trail closed?
The Inca Trail remains closed throughout February due to the maintenance of the Inca route. Then, this hiking trail remains open the rest of the year.
Is the Inca Trail dangerous?
No. The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu has security personnel deployed along the way. In addition, the authorities imposed the tour with an organized tour to avoid informality and protect the integrity of tourists.
Can I do the Inca Trail on my own?
No. The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is done yes or yes through an authorized tourism agency. It is not possible to do this hike on your own.
Are there an official website for the sale of revenue to the Inca Trail?
No. The only way to buy the income to the Inca Trail is through the websites of an authorized tourism agency.
Can I buy my tour to the Inca Trail once in Cusco?
No. The entrance to the Inca Trail must be purchased 5 or 6 months in advance so that once in the city of Cusco no visitor can find availability.
How much does the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu cost?
The prices of the Inca Trail tour vary according to the type of service offered by the authorized tourism agency. Prices vary from 400 to 700 US dollars. Most agencies also offer discounts for students and minors.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, December 17, 2019