Are you looking for something delicious to eat on the trip to Machu Picchu? In the town of Aguas Calientes there are many gastronomic options to choose from. The pizzerias, coffee shops, Peruvian food restaurants, fusion food and more stand out. An excellent option is to choose a restaurant that offers buffet lunch. There are three options. Get to know them and decide where to eat on your trip to the Inca citadel.
- Tunupa Sacred Valley Restaurant
- Muña’s Restaurant
- Alhambra Hacienda Restaurant
- El Maizal Restaurant
- Casa Grande Restaurant
Tunupa Restaurant – Sacred Valley
The 1-day tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, in addition to the visit to the archaeological sites of Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero; includes an hour of relaxation in the buffet restaurants of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. They all offer the best of Peruvian gastronomy such as: the huancaína potato, the causa rellena, the lomo saltado, the mazamorra morada and, of course, the famous ceviche. These restaurants are in the town of Urubamba. In this article, learn about some of the most recognized buffet restaurants in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Tunupa Sacred Valley Restaurant
The Tunupa restaurant offers one of the most recommended buffet services in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It is located in a colonial mansion with access to the Vilcanota River and spectacular views of the Andean mountains. The place has a beautiful decoration with colonial-style murals and canvases.
Lunch is very varied, all prepared by the best chefs in Cusco. It includes hot soups and fresh salads, where the quinoa salad stands out. There is a variety of meats from alpaca, pork, chicken and more. Of course, it also offers the best of Peruvian food: the lomo saltado, the salted noodle, the ceviche, the causa rellena and more.
- Recommended dishes: Alpaca meat, trout ceviche, causa rellena, mango muss and mazamorra morada.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday from 11:45 am to 3:30 pm.
- Address: Town of Yanahuara S/N, Sacred Valley of the Incas.
This restaurant offers a spacious space with a stage for musical shows with Andean instruments. The place also has a beautiful garden where you can enjoy fresh air while having lunch. The dishes are prepared by the best chefs and include typical Peruvian desserts such as mazamorra morada or picarones.
The restaurant offers a buffet for lunch and a la carte dishes for dinner. Lunch is when most visitors come. It stands out for its grilled native potatoes, trout ceviche, salads, hot soups, picarones, alpaca meat, makis and desserts. Their service is friendly and respects all health protocols.
- Recommended dishes: Vegetarian makis, smoked cheese, trout ceviche and tres leches cake.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Address: Rumichaca Alta kilometer 2.5, Urubamba.
Muña’s Restaurant – Sacred Valley
Alhambra Hacienda Restaurant
This country-style restaurant is surrounded by a beautiful garden and a hacienda-style house where you can enjoy a delicious lunch, both inside and outside. In the main patio there are Andean music shows. Tourists like to visit the llama and alpaca farm.
The food is good and varied. Visitors can enjoy a quinoa soup, quinoa salad, broccoli salad, pasta, alpaca meat, chicken, a variety of desserts (the passion fruit mouse and rice pudding stand out) as well as the best of Peruvian gastronomy: the dry soup, the lomo saltado, the causa rellena and, of course, the ceviche.
- Recommended dishes: Quinoa salad, quinoa soup, rice pudding, trout ceviche, pasta and passion fruit mousse.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Address: Highway from Urubamba to Ollantaytambo km. 72. Chacjuar sector, Urubamba.
Alhambra Hacienda Restaurant – Sacred Valley
El Maizal Restaurant
El Maizal is a country-style restaurant set in an old hacienda surrounded by trees, fields, and cornfields. It is famous for its delicious dishes, its excellent service and its live music show in the evenings. El Maizal is very popular in the town of Urubamba. The place is very visited on weekends.
The gastronomic options in El Maizal are very varied. It offers a variety of salads (try the quinoa salad), hot soups, alpaca meat, pork, chicken, pasta, papa ala huancaína, corn, mazamorra morada and, of course, ceviche. The restaurant is visited by many tourists who take the Sacred Valley of the Incas tour.
- Recommended dishes: Quinoa salad, huancaína potato, mazamorra morada and trout ceviche.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday from 12 pm to 4 pm.
- Address: Cabo Conchatupa S/N, Urubamba, Sacred Valley of the Incas.
El Maizal Restaurant – Sacred Valley
Casa Grande Restaurant
This restaurant, as its name indicates, is located in a large hacienda-type house surrounded by a beautiful garden and the high mountains of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. La Casa Grande offers a sober decoration where cleanliness and good attention stand out. It is very visited by the people of Cusco themselves.
The restaurant offers various gastronomic options such as: quinoa salad, huancaine potatoes, green noodles, corn with cheese, alpaca marinade, causa rellena, mazamorra morada , gelatin and, of course, the trout ceviche. The dishes are prepared with local ingredients (Urubamba corn is one of the largest and most delicious in Peru).
- Recommended dishes: Corn with cheese, lomo saltado, causa rellena, rice pudding and ceviche.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Address: Urbanization La Campiña, Urubamba, Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Casa Grande Restaurant – Sacred Valley
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, August 10, 2022