Huayna Picchu is located opposite the mountain Machu Picchu, the mountain receives numerous visits during the year; from the top is possible to see the Machu Picchu in all its splendor at the same time has some archaeological remains.
How to buy Ticket Huayna Picchu?
The entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu is available 365 days a year. However you have to consider limitations of spaces per day; are 400 spaces per day divided into two groups of 200.
1. Check Availability
The spaces for Ticket Huayna Picchu are limited; which rapidly are depleted due to their high demand. This availability is distributed in two groups with incomes at different schedules:
Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Group 1
- Availability online Huayna Picchu Group 1
- 200 people per day.
- Entry Hours: 07:00 hrs. – 08:00 hrs.
Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Group 2
- Availability online Huayna Picchu Group 2
- 200 people per day.
- Entry Hours: 10:00 hrs. – 11:00 hrs.
If you don’t find availability Ticket Huayna Picchu, you can also review the alternatives that allows you to visit the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Availability Machu Picchu – 2500 people per day.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Mountain – 800 people per day.
2. Perform the Reservation
To this end, click the book now button and complete the form. The required information is used solely by the Ministry of Culture for the purchase the ticket to Huayna Picchu.
Note: If tickets are for students / children must send a copy of your Student ID Card / Identity Document respectively. These documents must be valid at least until the date of his visit; Otherwise, you will can’t enter Machu Picchu.
3. Make the payment
Upon booking you will receive an "invoice from Paypal" to e-mail with which you booked. In this invoice is specified the details of your reservation; such as: the total payment amount, type of ticket, the date of your visit.
Note: The payment must be made during the next two hours time duration of the reservation; Otherwise, there is the possibility of losing the space reserved for the Ticket Huayna Picchu. We also have other payment methods.
- In the access Control will be requested identity document with which you made the purchase of your ticket; if you don’t submit that document will be denied the entry.
- The student rate is applied to people who have the Student ID Card and minors between (8 years – 17 years).
- In the Tips section you will find everything you need to know about visiting Huayna Picchu.
- The entrance to the different mountains, be they Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain have their access located within the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- The prices of Huayna Picchu Ticket vary depending nationality and age of the visitor, ie; foreign / national, adult / student / child. For more information visit our section Prices Ticket Huayna Picchu.
Information relevant for reservation of Ticket Huayna Picchu
For make the booking certain information is required and that must be filled in the booking form or otherwise send an email with all data, such as:
- Number of passengers.
- Full names (As displayed on your passport or identity document).
- Passport number or identify card number.
- Date of birth.
- Any other important information you consider we have to know.
Note: If you have the Student ID Card send a scanned copy. If is a child send a copy of his Identity Card or Passport whichever is applicable.
The validity of documents is important, the expired or obsolete documents aren’t accepted in controlling entrance to Machu Picchu.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please write to email or communicate directly via our online chat; We are always ready to respond and resolve any questions you may have about your visit to Machu Picchu.
About Huayna Picchu
Huayna Picchu is located in front Machu Picchu mountain about 2667 m (8920 ft). Huayna Picchu mountain is shown in the vast majority of photos of Machu Picchu to access this mountain is necessary to enter the citadel of Machu Picchu. The road is composed of asymmetric rock steps with some cable segments inlaid in the rock, essential to climb. And in the final stretch to reach the top you have to pass through a narrow tunnel, in which only one can enter resting on knees and hands; to perform this adventure is advisable to be in good physical condition are 2660 meters of steep walk along the cliff; however, the reward for reaching the top justifies all the effort. From here you can appreciate the Citadel of Machu Picchu and the surrounding valley. Learn more about Huayna Picchu.