To buy the Huayna Picchu ticket it is necessary to book the tickets months in advance. Then you have to make the purchase process online. Payment is through Visa or MasterCard. Finally, you should only print the tickets and present them on the day of the visit to the Waynapicchu mountain.
The entrance to the Waynapicchu mountain is available 365 days a year. It must be considered that access is restricted to only 400 people per day.
- What website is reliable to buy the Huayna Picchu ticket?
- Get the Huayna Picchu ticket in 5 simple steps
- Recommendations to buy the huayna picchu ticket
- When does Huayna Picchu close?
- Frequently asked questions about the purchase of the Huayna Picchu ticket
Huayna Picchu ticket
What website is reliable to buy the Huayna Picchu ticket?
There are many websites available to buy the Huayna Picchu ticket . For security reasons, it is recommended to verify that the agency that represents the website is authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
In ticketmachupicchu.com we have SSL security system . This system protects your personal data during the purchase of the entrance ticket. We are an agency authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
We are the number 1 agency selling tickets to the Wonder of the World through the internet . With us you can get your entrance to Huayna Picchu in 5 simple steps without leaving home.
Get the Huayna Picchu ticket in 5 simple steps
1 – Get availability
The Huayna Picchu ticket spaces are limited and sell out quickly due to their high demand.
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Group 1:
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 6 am
- Entrance time to Waynapicchu: 7 am – 8 am
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Group 2:
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 7 am
- Entrance time to Waynapicchu: 7 am – 8 am
- Availability Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Group 3:
- Entrance to Machu Picchu from 8 am
- Entry time to Waynapicchu: 10.30 am – 11.30 am
To check availability just check the number of tickets for sale in real time. The ‘0’ means that all tickets were sold out. The ’50’ indicates that there are still fifty tickets available .
2 – Make the reservation
If you find availability on the day and group of the Waynapicchu ticket, just click on the ‘book now’ button and complete the form.
The required information is used exclusively by the Ministry of Culture of Peru to purchase the ticket.
- Full name.
- Document type.
- Document number.
3 – Make the payment
After completing the reservation form, payment must be made by selecting one of the 4 payment methods:
- Diners Club
Making the payment is easy. You only need to add the required security data such as account number or card expiration date.
After making the transaction, a payment receipt will be sent to your email inbox.
Payment must be made as soon as possible. Otherwise, there is the possibility of losing the space of the reserved Huayna Picchu ticket.
4 – Send the passport or other documents (optional)
To access discounts, tourists must send the necessary documents.
Once the reservation form is completed, you must send an email with your passport or identity document in digital format.
In the case of university students, send the digital copy of the current university card . With this document, students access a special discount.
There are also discounts for minors (8 to 17 years old) and citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia . To access this benefit, the passport or identity document must prove the correct age and nationality.
In the case of booking with us, the sending of documents is to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The validity of the documents is important. In case these are expired or expired, they will not be accepted in the entrance control to Machu Picchu.
5 – Print the tickets
Once the payment of the Huayna Picchu ticket has been made, the tickets will be sent to the inbox of your email in a maximum time of 24 hours.
If the payment was made on the weekend (Saturdays and Sundays), tickets will arrive in maximum 48 hours.
To enter the Waynapicchu mountain, you must simply print the tickets and present them at the Machu Picchu control booth on the day of your visit . The access door to Huayna Picchu is inside the Inca City.
Recommendations to buy the Huayna Picchu ticket
- In the access control post to Machu Picchu you will be asked for the identity document or passport with which you made the purchase of your ticket. Remember that if you do not present said document, you will be prevented from entering.
- The student fee is applied to undergraduate students under 25 who have a valid university card.
- In our ‘Tips’ section you will find everything you need to know about visiting the Waynapicchu.
- Huayna Picchu ticket prices vary depending on the nationality and age of the visitor. For more information visit our Machu Picchu price section .
Entrance to Huayna Picchu is allowed only to people over 12 years old. The ascent is not recommended for people suffering from fear of heights.
When does Huayna Picchu close?
Huayna Picchu remains open 365 days a year except for emergency or maintenance situations.
For example, in April 2016, Machu Picchu announced the suspension of entry of visitors to the Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountains .
This measure was adopted to facilitate the work of integral maintenance to: stairways, platforms and supporting walls. Despite the suspension, the Inca City of Machu Picchu remained open.
We recommend that you take into account the closing dates previously announced by the Machu Picchu authorities.
Frequently asked questions about the purchase of the Huayna Picchu ticket
1) Can I access discounts on the Huayna Picchu ticket with an ISIC card?
No. Currently, the ISIC student card is not valid to buy any type of Machu Picchu ticket at a discount. The current university card is the only valid document for the student discount .
2) Where is the entrance to the Waynapicchu mountain located?
The entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain is located within the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. The entrance control is located north of the Inca City, right in the Sacred Rock sector.
3) What to do if there is no availability in Waynapicchu?
If there is no availability for the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, unfortunately there is nothing to do. Remember that you must purchase this ticket 3 months in advance.
4) Can I enter Machu Picchu with the Huayna Picchu ticket?
Yes. The Huayna Picchu ticket includes access to the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
5) How long before buying the ticket to Huayna Picchu?
It is advisable to purchase the entrance to the Waynapicchu mountain 3 months in advance. If you plan to visit during the high tourist season (from April to October), the reservation is made 4 months before.
6) Can I pay the Huayna Picchu ticket with a Visa card?
The official website only accepts ‘Verified by Visa’ cards. In ticketmachupicchu.com we accept any type of Visa card.
7) How much time do I have to pay the Huayna Picchu ticket?
Once the reservation is made, the visitor must pay the entrance as soon as possible. Otherwise, another tourist can do it before and take the requested ticket.
8) How to pay the Waynapicchu ticket if I do not have a credit card?
The official website of the Ministry of Culture of Peru only admits ‘Verfied by Visa’ cards. If you do not have one, you cannot book your ticket. However, in ticketmachupicchu.com it is possible to make the payment through PayPal.
9) What to do if the Huayna Picchu ticket is lost?
The entry remains in PDF format in the visitor’s email. In case of loss, it should only be printed as many times as necessary.
10) Can I book the Waynapicchu ticket from one year to the next?
Ticket reservations from one year to the next are available only in mid-December. In ticketmachupicchu.com you can ensure your entry time before. The sending of tickets is at the end of the year.
11) Can I stay all day in Machu Picchu with the purchase of the Huayna Picchu ticket?
No. The entrance to the Huayna Picchu only allows you to stay in the Inca City until 6 hours after the moment of your entry.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, September 7, 2019