Cusco is recognized as the ‘Archaeological Capital of America’. In it there are dozens of museums, archaeological sites and more. The easiest way to know all its attractions is with the Cusco Tourist Ticket. How much? and where do they sell this ticket? Learn all the information below.
- What is the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
- What places does it include?
- Integral Ticket: 16 tourist attractions
- Circuit Ticket 1: Cusco Archaeological Sites
- Circuit Ticket 2: Museums and South Valley
- Circuit Ticket 3: Archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Where to buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
- What is the price?
- Important information
- Image gallery of all tourist attractions
- What places are not included?
- Questions and answers about the Cusco Tourist Ticket
What is the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket allows you to enter the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco and its surroundings. There are also partial tickets that will allow you to enter these places separately.
- Machu Picchu is not included in the Cusco Tourist Ticket.
Cusco Tourist Ticket
What places does it include?
|Ticket Type||Places included:|
|Ticket Circuit 1|
|Ticket Circuit 2|
|Ticket Circuit 3|
Integral Ticket: 16 tourist attractions
- This ticket includes the 16 main attractions of the city of Cusco. It will allow you to visit all the places included in the partial tickets, tourist circuits 1, 2 and 3.
- After purchasing this ticket, the tourist has 10 days of validity to visit the 16 places included.
- The most popular places in Cusco included in this ticket are: Sacsayhuaman, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Tipón, Pikillacta, Ollantaytambo, Pisac, Chinchero and Moray.
- It is recommended for people who travel without a tour and have several days to get to know Cusco.
Circuit Ticket 1: Cusco Archaeological Sites
- This ticket includes a visit to the main archaeological parks of the city of Cusco.
- After purchasing this ticket, the tourist has 1 day of validity to visit the 4 tourist places included in the ticket.
- Definitely Sacsayhuaman is the most popular tourist attraction included in this ticket. The immense stone walls of Sacsayhuaman make it one of the most mysterious places on the planet.
- Some tourism agencies require that the tourist buy this ticket to make the famous ‘City Tour Cusco’.
Circuit Ticket 2: Museums and South Valley
- This ticket offers entry to the main museums of the city of Cusco as well as the main archaeological sites of the South Valley of Cusco, a place little explored by tourists.
- The most popular places included in this ticket are the archaeological sites of Tipón and Pikillacta. The first is a great example of Inca hydraulic engineering. The second was a pre-Inca urban center that shows large buildings in good condition.
- After acquiring this ticket, the tourist has 2 days to visit the 8 tourist attractions included in the ticket.
- This ticket is necessary to make the famous ‘South Valley Tour of Cusco’. Some agencies already include the ticket. Others do not.
Circuit Ticket 3: Archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- This ticket offers a visit to the main tourist attractions of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, an agricultural and urban area of great importance during the Inca empire.
- All the tourist attractions included in the ticket are very visited by tourists who come to Cusco.
- The ticket is valid for 2 days for the tourist to visit all the archaeological sites included in the ticket.
- The ticket does not include the entrance to the Salineras de Maras.
- This ticket is necessary to do the famous ‘Sacred Valley Tour of 1 day’. Some tourism agencies already include it in their prices.
Where to buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
These are the places where you can buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket.
- COSITUC main office: Tourist Galleries, Av. Sol N ° 103 (Monday to Friday 8 am to 5:30 pm and Saturday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm).
- OFEC branch offices: Calle Garcilaso s / n (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 5 pm and Sunday 8 am to 8pm).
What is the price?
The price of the Cusco Tourist Ticket varies according to the type of visitor (adult / student) and the type of ticket (general / partial):
|Tourist Ticket Cusco||Foreign Cost||National Cost||Validity|
|General Ticket||PEN S/. 130.00||PEN S/. 70.00||10 days|
|Student Ticket||PEN S/. 70.00||PEN S/. 40.00||10 days|
|Partial Ticket Circuit 1||PEN S/. 70.00||PEN S/. 40.00||1 day|
|Partial Ticket Circuit 2||PEN S/. 70.00||PEN S/. 40.00||2 day|
|Partial Ticket Circuit 3||PEN S/. 70.00||PEN S/. 40.00||2 day|
University students and under 18s pay PEN S/. 70 for the General Ticket!
- University students: they must purchase the ticket with their physical ISIC card. They must also be under 25 years old at the time of their visit in Cusco. It is also mandatory to show a copy of the student’s identity document (or passport). The discount applies to the ‘General Ticket’ (reduction of approximately 45% of the real value of the ticket).
- Under 18 years old: to access this discount, tourists must be between 3 and 17 years old (it does not apply to people 18 years or older). They should only make the purchase with their valid identity document (or passport). The discount also applies to the ‘General Ticket’ (reduction of approximately 45% of the real value of the ticket).
- Does not include the entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Does not include guide services or transportation.
- The validity of the tourist ticket starts from the day of purchase (check the validity on each ticket).
- The ticket can only be used once at each tourist attraction.
- You do not need to book the Cusco Tourist Ticket in advance, you can buy it in person, once in Cusco.
What places are not included in the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The following Cusco tourist attractions are not included in the Cusco Tourist Ticket. To visit them, the visitor must buy the following tickets:
- Entrance tickets Machu Picchu – Allows entry to the Inca city as well as the Huayna Picchu mountain and the Machupicchu mountain (must be reserved in advance).
- Cusco Religious Circuit Tickets – Allows you to visit the Cathedral, Church of San Blas, Archbishop’s Palace and Chapel of San Cristóbal.
- Ticket to the Mountain of 7 Colors – Allows you to visit Vinicunca. The ticket can only be purchased at the same place.
- Entrance to Choquequirao – Allows entry to the archaeological site of Choquequirao, known as ‘The last refuge of the Inca’. The ticket is bought in the same place.
Questions and answers about the Cusco Tourist Ticket
a) Can I buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket online?
No. This ticket can only be purchased in person at the authorized offices of the city of Cusco.
b) Does the Cusco Tourist Ticket include the archaeological site of Coricancha?
No. This ticket includes the Coricancha site museum, which exhibits Inca pieces found at the archaeological site. To visit the Coricancha temple, you must buy an entrance ticket at the door.
c) Is the Tourist Ticket included in the Cusco City Tour?
The Cusco City Tour visits Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay (Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket). Some tourism agencies already include the entrance to these places. Other agencies don’t.
d) Is the ISIC card valid to buy the Tourist Ticket?
Yes. University students under 25 years of age with a university card or ISIC card can access the Tourist Ticket discount.
e) Do the citizens of Peru have any discounts?
Yes. Peruvians also have a discount on the price of the Cusco Tourist Ticket.
f) Do children under 10 pay?
No. All children up to 9 years old enter the different tourist attractions included in the Tourist Ticket for free.
g) Is the ticket limited availability?
No. The ticket has enough capacity for all tourists who wish to purchase it.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, September 22, 2021