How to get to the Poroy station in Cusco?
Poroy is a district of Cusco very popular for hosting one of the train stations to Machu Picchu. It is located near the city of Cusco. However, to get there you must take a taxi, bus or car ‘colectivo’.
- What is Poroy?
- What is the distance from Cusco to Poroy?
- How to get to Poroy?
- How to get to Poroy from Cusco airport?
- How to get to Poroy by taxi from Cusco?
- How to get to Poroy by bus from Cusco?
- How to get to Poroy in private service?
- Map: From Cusco to Poroy
- How much does it cost to get to Poroy from Cusco?
- How to get from Poroy to Machu Picchu?
- Train schedules to Poroy station
- Other train stations to Machu Picchu
Train to Machu Picchu
What is Poroy?
- Poroy is one of the many districts of Cusco in Peru. It is located at 3,499 meters above sea level (msnm).
- There is the train station closest to the city of Cusco.
- From there you reach the Aguas Calientes station (Machu Picchu Pueblo) in a trip of approximately 3 hours.
What is the distance from Cusco to Poroy?
- The Poroy station is 11 kilometers away from the Historic Center of Cusco.
- The trip by car is 25 minutes from the Center of Cusco.
How to get to Poroy?
- To get to Poroy you must take a means of transport.
- Arriving on foot is not recommended due to the remoteness and difficulty of the road.
- The best way to get to Machu Picchu is by car.
After arriving in Poroy, take the trains to Aguas Calientes station. From there there is only a 30-minute bus ride to Machu Picchu.
How to get to Poroy from Cusco airport?
- The airport of the city of Cusco is 16 kilometers from Poroy.
- The best thing to do is spend the night in Cusco to take the train the next day.
- However, some tourists decide to take the train in Poroy immediately after arriving in Cusco.
- To get there you can take a taxi from the airport.
- It is not possible to take a bus or collective taxi from the airport.
How to get to Poroy by taxi from Cusco?
- Most tourists decide to take a taxi from their hotel in Cusco to the Poroy station.
- Taxi services can be requested with your hotel or simply take one of the many that circulate the streets of Cusco.
How to get to Poroy by bus from Cusco?
- The cheapest way to get to Poroy is to take a minibus or public minivan from Cusco.
- Buses depart from different points of the city of Cusco. However, the main point of departure of buses is in the street Pavitos.
- Pavitos Street is 1.3 kilometers from the Plaza de Armas of Cusco.
- The road that leads to Poroy is the same as the route to the Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machu Picchu.
Map: From Cusco to Poroy
Map Cusco – Poroy
Source: Google Maps.
How to get to Poroy in private service?
- Some tourism agencies offer private transportation service from Cusco to the Poroy station and vice versa.
- These services collect tourists from the door of your hotel.
- Private buses await travelers at the Poroy station during the return.
- The cost of private services depends on each agency that offers the service.
How much does it cost to get to Poroy from Cusco?
- Arriving in Poroy from the city of Cusco varies according to the means of transport used.
- The trip by public bus or minivan can cost 5 or 10 soles per passenger.
- The price of the taxi trip costs approximately 25 soles.
How to get from Poroy to Machu Picchu?
- Poroy is 67 kilometers from Machu Picchu.
- From there you take one of the trains that in approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes arrives at Aguas Calientes station.
- From the Aguas Calientes station you take one of the buses that in 30 minutes (9 kilometers) arrives at the Machu Picchu gate.
- To return from Machu Picchu to Poroy, you must follow the same one-way route. Once in Poroy, a car is taken to the city of Cusco.
Train schedules to Poroy station
- From the Poroy station, 4 Peru Rail trains depart daily.
Train schedule Peru Rail ‘Estación Poroy (Cusco)’ Train service Departure time Check In Expedition Train 6.40 am 9.54 am Train Hiram Bingham 9:05 am 12.24 pm Vistadome train 7.35 am 10.52 am Vistadome train 8.25 am 12.11pm
- From the Poroy station, there are up to 2 Inca Rail trains per day.
Train timetable Inca Rail ‘Estación Poroy (Cusco)’ Train service Departure time Check In Train The First Class 9.28 am 12.41 pm The 360º Train 5.55 am 8.48 am
* Trains enabled from May 1 to December 31.
From the station Poroy departs the famous luxury train Hiram Bingham. This service is one of the most luxurious in the world.
Other train stations to Machu Picchu
- Urubamba train station – This station is located 53 kilometers from the city of Cusco (1 hour and 25 minutes by car approximately).
- Ollantaytambo train station – This station is located 72 kilometers from the city of Cusco (1 hour and 50 minutes by car approximately). From this place, most trains leave in the direction of Machu Picchu.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, February 14, 2019