Getting the Machu Picchu Ticket is the first big step to make your dream trip to the Wonder of the World a reality. How to get it? You should only reserve the ticket online and in advance. In addition, to successfully register, it is important that the traveler sends some necessary information such as a digital copy of the passport or identity document. Why is this data important? Below is an explanation of what documents are essential to make the reservation and why they are necessary.
- What is the entrance ticket you need to visit Machu Picchu?
- What are the discounts that Machu Picchu offers?
- What information is needed to visit Machu Picchu?
- Are my documents and information safe?
- More information about purchasing a ticket to Machu Picchu
- Questions and answers about information to visit Machu Picchu
Know what are the essential documents to acquire the Machu Picchu ticket
What is the entrance ticket you need to visit Machu Picchu?
The Machu Picchu Ticket is the only ticket that allows entry to the Wonder of the World. There are 2 options to get it: through an online reservation or buying it directly in Cusco. The advantage of the first is that it ensures entry because it allows you to separate an access quota with time in advance. Availability on each of the 3 types of tickets is limited:
These are the 5 types of tickets and their availability per day:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only: 2,500 people per day.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu: 200 people per day.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain: 400 people per day.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu: 200 people per day.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Inca Bridge: 400 people per day.
Getting one of the 5 types of Machu Picchu Ticket online is easy. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Check the availability of the type of ticket to Machu Picchu that you prefer in real time.
- Choose a time and day of entry with space and fill out the reservation form with your personal data.
- Make the corresponding payment through one of the available payment methods.
- Send the necessary information such as passport or identity document to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print the tickets that will arrive in your inbox and present them the day you enter the Inca Citadel.
What are the discounts that Machu Picchu offers?
Are you a university student, a minor (from 3 to 17 years old) or a member of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN)? If so, you can access the special discounts offered by the Machu Picchu Ticket. You only have to prove your information by sending the necessary documentation such as university card, identity document, etc. The requirements to access the discounts are as follows:
- University students: Undergraduate students under 25 years of age who have a valid university card.
- Minors: People of any nationality between 3 and 17 years old.
- CAN Members: Citizens of Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Colombia.
What information is needed to visit Machu Picchu?
To fill out the reservation form – To get any of the 5 types of Ticket Machu Picchu as well as access the discounts, the first thing you should do is fill out the reservation form with the following personal data:
- Tourist names – Important information. It must match the name on your passport or identity document.
- Document or passport number – Important information. Depending on the type of document you chose to purchase the Machu Picchu Ticket, it must match without any errors.
- Age, gender, country and type of document – This information must match the document with which the reservation is made.
- Email address – Important information. The Machu Picchu Ticket will arrive in the inbox of the email you chose.
To register and access discounts – After filling out the reservation form, the visitor must send a copy or digital photograph of the document or documents with which they will make the purchase of the ticket:
- Passport – Document required to enter the Wonder of the World. It must be current. The data must be legible. If the tourist is a minor or member of the CAN, they have access to a special discount.
- Identity document – If you do not have a passport, you can carry out the reservation process with your identity document. It must be current. If the tourist is a minor or member of the CAN, they have access to a special discount.
- University ID card – Document required to access the special discount for university students. The card must be valid. The data must be readable.
To make the payment – The means of payment are easy and safe. Our payment methods are: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal.
TAM – Necessary document to regulate the immigration control of visitors arriving in the member countries of the Andean Community of Nations (Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Colombia) . The visitor can receive a card in virtual or physical form. If you enter Peruvian territory with your passport, you must send us a copy or digital image of the passport with its respective entry stamp. In case you use another identity document for your entry, you must send a copy of the document with which you entered and indicate the date of your entry. If upon entering, you receive the TAM in physical form, you only need to send a copy or digital image of it. Digital copies must be legible.
Once you arrive in Peru – Once in Peruvian territory, the visitor must send a copy or digital image of the passport and the entry stamp to Peru in receive the Andean Migration Card (TAM) in its virtual format. If you receive the TAM in physical format, a copy or digital image of the document with the traveler’s data on it. The shipments are to the email: email@example.com.
Are my documents and information safe?
Our web platform has various security measures that guarantee the confidentiality of the data provided to reserve the Machu Picchu Ticket.
- We have the SSL security certificate, which protects customer information by providing a secure environment on the network.
- We have the security seals: Norton Secured, Accredited Business, McAfee Secure and Truste which guarantee that the website is authentic and reliable.
- Our service is authorized and supported by the Ministry of Culture of Peru, the authority in charge of issuing entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Ticket Machu Picchu has testimonials from various customers who ensure the good service and safety.
More information about purchasing a ticket to Machu Picchu
- The necessary documents to make the reservation of the Machu Picchu Ticket must be sent as soon as possible to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- According to the current rules of the Peruvian Ministry of Culture, changes or cancellations of the purchased Machu Picchu ticket are not possible.
- Children under 3 years old do not pay. They should only come with the document that proves their age together with the minor’s parent or guardian.
Questions and answers about information to visit Machu Picchu
1. With what documents can I buy my ticket to Machu Picchu?
You can buy your ticket to Machu Picchu with your passport, identity document, university card or immigration card.
2. What information is necessary to buy my ticket?
During the purchase of your ticket you must indicate your names, identity document number, country and age. You also need a digital photo of your passport or identity document.
3. Is my personal information safe?
Yes, in ‘Machu Picchu Ticket’ all your personal information is safe. Browse safely!
4. What documents should I show when entering Machu Picchu?
At the time of entering Machu Picchu, tourists must show the document with which they made their purchase (passport, identity document) as well as their entrance ticket.
5. What discounts does the Machu Picchu ticket offer?
The entrance to Machu Picchu offers discounts for: university students, those under 18 years of age and citizens of the Andean Community of Nations (Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
6. How to access the discount for university students?
To access the discount for university students, it is necessary to make the purchase with a valid university card. Students must be undergraduate and under 25 years of age at the time of their visit.
7. How to access the discount for children under 18?
Those under 18 years of age can access a special discount. To do this, they must make their purchase with their passport or identity document.
8. How to access the discount for Peruvians and the Andean Community?
Citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia have access to a special discount by showing their passport, identity document or immigration card (this last document is valid only for Peruvians).
9. How to enter Machu Picchu for free? What information is necessary?
Children under 3 years old enter Machu Picchu for free. To do this, their father or mother must show their passport or identity document at the entrance door.
10. What information is necessary to visit Huayna Picchu?
To visit Huayna Picchu it is necessary to make the purchase with your passport or identity document. The purchase must be made online approximately 3 months in advance.
Advice from people who have been there
“Wonder of the World!“
“To explain it with words is not enough. Machu Picchu is mystery, greatness, intelligence, architecture, great. Being there is asking ourselves the question. How did they do it? It is so rich that for the years they were built, they were very advanced in technology. It's worth a visit, actually. It's one of the Wonders of the World.“
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, September 30, 2022