The entrance to Huayna Picchu is the most difficult to get in Machu Picchu. Booking a ticket can be frustrating. In the first place, there is the problem of reserving it in advance. Then there is the drama of making the purchase online. However, getting a ticket is not as complicated as it seems.
These are the most common problems about buying the ticket Huayna Picchu. And, of course, their solutions.
- There is no availability for Huayna Picchu!
- Are children not allowed to enter Huayna Picchu?
- Is not there an entrance ticket just for Huayna Picchu?
- Can not I pay the ticket Huayna Picchu with a Visa card?
- Is the official website working?
- I can not make the Huayna Picchu ticket reservation for next year!
- I was wrong! How to change the data of my ticket Huayna Picchu?
- How to access the Huayna Picchu ticket discounts?
- What is the best option if the Huayna Picchu tickets are sold out?
- Which Huayna Picchu group to choose: 7 am or 10 am?
Ascent to Huayna Picchu.
Huayna Picchu (Waynapicchu in Quechua) is a mountain located north of Machu Picchu. It is located 2,720 meters above sea level. Reaching its peak is considered one of the most incredible short walks in the world.
There is no availability for Huayna Picchu!
The most recurrent problem is finding availability.The Huayna Picchu reservation must be made 3 months in advance. If you plan to make your visit for the high season of tourism (from April to October), with up to 4 months.
In case you no longer find availability try these steps:
- Check that a space is not suddenly released on the Waynapicchu day and time that you wish to enter.
- Contact a travel agency or the official website of the Ministry of Culture of Peru to verify if there is no longer any availability.
- If they confirm that there is no availability, it only remains to change the date for another one in which there are free spaces.
Are children not allowed to enter Huayna Picchu?
Only people over 12 years old can enter the Waynapicchu mountain. This is because the roads are very steep and narrow. Outside the trails there are frightening precipices. But do not worry, these are very safe. Of course, if accompanied by teenagers, try to monitor them closely.
Is not there an entrance ticket just for Huayna Picchu?
No. The ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu is the only entrance that allows entry to the Waynapicchu. This ticket includes access to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. There is no ticket designed exclusively to access the ‘Huayna’. Remember that the gateway to this adventure tourist attraction is located within Machu Picchu.
The tour of Machu Picchu can be done before or after the ascent to Huayna Picchu. For this you must choose between one of the 2 groups of income: Group 1: from 7 am to 8 am Group 2: from 10 am to 11 am
Can not I pay the ticket Huayna Picchu with a Visa card?
The website of the Ministry of Culture of Peru is the official ticket sales website. It accepts only Visa card as a method of online payment. However, this card must be affiliated with the ‘Verified by Visa’ security service.
If you do not have a ‘Verified by Visa’ card, you can not make your purchase on the official website. We recommend that you follow these steps to solve the problem:
- Contact the bank that issued your Visa card and request a ‘Verified by Visa’ affiliation.
- To make your membership you will need to enter some information as well as a new password and personal message.
- If after registering your card problems with your Visa card persist, please contact the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
- If there is no solution and you want to acquire your ticket without inconvenience, contact an agency that offers this type of ticket.
Is the official website working?
A very frequent problem in the official sales website of the Machu Picchu ticket is that it does not work. Why this difficulty? Most of the time is because the web is in maintenance. Other times, the website is not compatible with any type of cell phone.
Try these steps to solve the problem:
- Go to http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/
- If you see a message before accessing the site, just click on ‘Allow’. This way you will be able to navigate better in the website.
- If you see a statement just at the beginning of the navigation, just leave this message and continue browsing.
- If there is no way to access the official website, contact the ‘call center’ service of the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
- Many times the problem is only temporary, so it only remains to have patience and continue trying.
I can not make the Huayna Picchu ticket reservation for next year!
Other of the most common problems on the official website are reservations for next year. Only in mid-December, the Ministry of Culture of Peru allows to book a Waynapicchu ticket for the following year. This causes a race for the first income to Waynapicchu Mountain during the last days of the year.
A solution to this problem is to stay alert to the opening of spaces on the official website. As soon as tickets are opened for the following year, many people will try to get theirs.
Do you want to secure your income to the Waynapicchu mountain for the following year? Book at ticketmachupicchu.com and separate your tickets before everyone else. Tickets will be sent to you the last week of December.
I was wrong! How to change the data of my ticket Huayna Picchu?
To book an entry to Huayna Picchu, you must complete your personal information such as: names, surnames, type and document number. This information must match your passport or identity document so that you can enter the Wonder of the World.
Did you make a mistake and want to change your data? Keep calm. Yes, it is possible to change personal information on the ticket. However, in any case, there is an economic penalty that varies according to the anticipated time with which the procedure is requested.
Remember that the ticket is only valid for the day and time recorded on the ticket. If for any reason you do not make the visit on such date, there is no refund of money.
How to access the ticket Huayna Picchu discounts?
There are special discounts for the ticket price Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu. To access this benefit you must make a reservation and send the necessary documents that prove the benefit through an e-mail.
These are the types of discounts offered by the Waynapicchu ticket and the necessary documents to access these benefits:
- University undergraduate students and under 25s: send a digital copy of the valid university card.
- Minors (between 8 to 17 years old): send a digital copy of the passport or identity document that certifies the minor’s age.
- Citizens of the Andean Community of Nations (Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia): a digital copy of the passport or identity document that proves the nationality of the person.
What is the best option if the Huayna Picchu tickets are sold out?
Looking for adventure in Machu Picchu but the tickets to Huayna Picchu are sold out? The best options are to make the trek to Inti Punku (Puerta del Sol) or ascend to the top of the Machu Picchu mountain. Which is the best option?
- Intipunku hike: This hiking trail is of moderate difficulty. It is allowed to people of all ages. Lasts (round trip) approximately 4 hours. The Sun Gate is the ancient gateway to Machu Picchu in Inca times. From there you have beautiful views of the archaeological complex.
- Hiking to the mountain Machu Picchu: This short walk has a moderate difficulty. Admission is allowed to people of any age. The route (round trip) takes 4 hours on average. Its wide roads are made of stone and do not represent any problem. From any part of the way, you can appreciate the beauty of the Wonder of the World. It is located at the highest point, 3,082 meters above sea level.
To make the trek to Intipunku it is necessary to book the ticket Machu Picchu Only. For the Machu Picchu mountain, you need the ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain.
Which Huayna Picchu group to choose: 7 am or 10 am?
There are 2 schedules of entrance to Waynapicchu. Group 1 accesses the mountain from 7 am to 8 am Group 2, from 10 am to 11 am.
These are some advantages of booking in each of the 2 schedules:
- Group 1 (7 am to 8 am) – The ascent is done very early. At that time, the sun does not physically wear away the visitor. With this group, tourists can be among the first people to appreciate Machu Picchu from the top of Waynapicchu. To arrive early it is necessary to spend the previous night in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Group 2 (10 am to 11 am) – Access begins at 10 am when the sun is already set in the sky. This can cause some physical wear on the visitor. However, the effort is compensated with the landscape cleared at the top. The visitor can spend the night in Cusco and arrive at Machu Picchu with the first trains in the morning.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, April 29, 2019