Huayna Picchu is the mountain that rises behind the sacred city of Machu Picchu. From a distance it looks like an impossible mountain to climb without full climbing gear. However, this is not so. Anyone with average physical fitness can make it to the top. The purchase of this ticket is online. To get availability it is necessary to do it 3 or 4 months in advance.
- How long before buying the entrance to Huayna Picchu?
- Advance purchase of all tickets to Machu Picchu
- How to make the purchase online?
- Limited quotas during the purchase of the ticket Huayna Picchu
- Which of the groups should I choose?
- What is the documentation required to climb Huayna Picchu?
- Huayna Picchu in high season and low season of tourism
How long before buying the entrance to Huayna Picchu?
- The Huayna Picchu ticket must be purchased online with an average anticipation of 3 or 4 months.
- In low tourist season (from November to April) the purchase must be made 3 months before.
- In high tourist season (from May to October) the purchase must be made 4 months in advance.
- What is the reason for the advance purchase? The ticket to Huayna Picchu is the most requested by tourists. However the ticket has limited availability. And, since you only have 200 tickets available for each day, advance purchase is necessary.
Advance purchase of all tickets to Machu Picchu
These are all the tickets to Machu Picchu and the anticipated time of their respective purchase online:
|Ticket Machu Picchu||Ticket Machu Picchu Only||Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu||Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain||Ticket Machu Picchu + Huchuy Picchu|
|High season (from May to October)||3 or 4 weeks before.||4 months before.||1 month before.||3 or 4 weeks before.|
|Low season (November to April)||2 or 3 weeks before.||3 months before.||3 or 4 weeks before.||2 or 3 weeks before.|
How to make the purchase online?
- All people can purchase their tickets to Machu Picchu through the official website www.machupicchu.gob.pe.
- The purchase is super easy. You just have to choose the day and time (group) of the visit. After completing the tourist’s personal data, payment must be made with any Visa or MasterCard.
- Another alternative is to buy the ticket through the website of an authorized tourism agency.
Limited quotas during the purchase of the ticket Huayna Picchu
When purchasing your ticket to Huayna Picchu you must choose one of these entry times:
- Group 1: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 in the morning. / Access to Huayna Picchu is between 7 and 8 in the morning.
- Group 2: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 7 in the morning. / Access to Huayna Picchu is between 8 and 9 in the morning.
- Group 3: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 8 in the morning. / Access to Huayna Picchu is between 9 and 10 in the morning.
- Group 4: The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 9 in the morning. / Access to Huayna Picchu is between 10 and 11 in the morning.
Which of the groups should I choose?
- Group 1 – This schedule is ideal for people who spend the night in the town of Aguas Calientes as they can arrive early at the gate of Machu Picchu. This way they can enjoy the Huayna Picchu mountain with more free time.
- Group 2 – This schedule is also recommended for people who spent the night in the town of Aguas Calientes the day before. It is recommended to enter Machu Picchu punctually from 7 in the morning.
- Group 3 – This schedule is a good option both for people who spent the night before in the town of Aguas Calientes and for people who arrived at Machu Picchu the same day from the city. from Cusco.
- Group 4 – This schedule is the most recommended option for tourists who arrived in Machu Picchu the same day from the city of Cusco.
What is the documentation required to climb Huayna Picchu?
To buy the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu the following documents are required:
- Identity document (or valid passport).
- Current university card (in case of buying the ticket with university discount).
At the entrance gate of Machu Picchu you must show your ticket along with the document you used for your purchase (passport, identity document or university card).
The entrance gate to Huayna Picchu is inside Machu Picchu (in the sector of the famous Sacred Rock). There you must also show your entry ticket along with your documents.
Huayna Picchu in high season and low season of tourism
- The high tourist season in Cusco occurs from May to October. The low season occurs from November to April.
- The number of visitors to the city of Cusco, to Machu Picchu and to the Huayna Picchu mountain increases between May and September. This is due to the multiple celebrations held in the city of Cusco during this time and the more favorable climate.
- The month of June is the month with the greatest demand, as it celebrates the anniversary of the city of Cusco. On June 24 the Inti Raymi (Festival of the Sun) is celebrated the most expected by visitors.
- Visiting Machu Picchu between April and May (after the rains) could be a good time to come. But no matter what time of year you decide to visit, Machu Picchu is just as splendid year-round.
- In high season, the prices of air tickets, hotels, trains, and services can even double. For this reason, it is advisable to book Huayna Picchu several months in advance.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, March 18, 2022