If museums are what you like most, the Machu Picchu site museum will delight you with incredible objects that were found in the excavations after the discovery of Machu Picchu, but if you want to be even more impressed, see the Inca city from above; depending on how much you like the heights, you can walk through some of the mountains of Machu Picchu. The mountain Huayna Picchu will show you some of the best views of the Inca city of Machu Picchu from above, is one of the best short hikes in the world; however, not all people can walk it. There is also Machu Picchu mountain a beautiful trek of about 3 hours, its summit offers spectacular views of Machu Picchu and the surrounding mountains and jungle where it was built.
So. What is the entrance to Machu Picchu that is right for you?
Below we detail what experiences offer you each type of Ticket Machu Picchu. There is something for everyone, from the tranquil and fascinating walk through the main attractions of the Inca city, as well as climbing to the challenging Huayna Picchu Mountain.
The Ticket Machu Picchu only
It includes the Inca city of Machu Picchu, which has some of the most amazing stone structures in the world, will see the temple of the sun, the temple of the condor, the Intihuatana, and others that relate the culture of the Incas with other important ancient civilizations; like those made by the statues of the Easter Islands in Chile; or stone spheres of Costa Rica. We also talk about one of the most spiritual and energetic places on the planet. Review availability. TOP ▲
The “Ticket Machu Picchu Only” allows to know the entire citadel of Machu Picchu, an experience for all
The Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
This ticket, besides allowing you to see all the amazing structures of Machu Picchu, will give you access to the Huayna Picchu mountain. The trails, the stairs of death, the temple of the moon and the amazing views, constitute in this mountain, one of the most incredible experiences you can have in life. The striking paths over 300 meters above the Urubamba River can be very difficult for people who are afraid of heights and more than once have caused panic attacks. Only 400 people can get one of the tickets to enter the mountain Huayna Picchu every day. Review availability. TOP ▲
The “Ticket Huayna Picchu” allows to climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, but it is an experience not suitable for all
The Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain
Includes the Inca City and Machu Picchu Mountain; is higher than Huayna Picchu, but its paths are wider and safer, making it possible to walk through it for entire families and people with children. And unlike the Huayna Picchu mountain, where only people over 12 years old can enter, Machu Picchu mountain has no age restrictions. You can begin to take beautiful pictures of the Inca city of Machu Picchu, only after over 20 minutes of walking. Review availability. TOP ▲
The Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
With this ticket you can visit the Inca city of Machu Picchu and the site museum in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu village). Seeing the pieces of the museum and then seeing the Inca city, will open a huge question mark in your thinking; I know ask (what many people). How did the Incas build Machu Picchu? When booking this ticket you must receive 2 tickets in your inbox, one to enter Machu Picchu and another to enter the site museum, you will have to enter these places separately. Review availability. TOP ▲
For those who want to know more, The Machu Picchu Ticket + Museum allows you to enter the site museum
The “Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain” allows you to climb to Machu Picchu Mountain, an experience suitable for most
- The organization of the trip demands that the Machu tickets must be reserved in advance; however, if you wish to have the top of Huayna Picchu in your experience in Machu Picchu, you will have to book the ticket several weeks before your visit. If you want to come during the high season (June, July, August) then we recommend you to book 4 months in advance, otherwise you may not be able to choose from all the available tickets.
- In neither case look for the road on your own and do not cross the lines of security. Machu Picchu was designed to be inaccessible, so looking for a path by its side is a big mistake, which could cause damage to its integrity and worse if it does while walking the mountain Huayna Picchu.
- Many choose the dry season to come to Machu Picchu, but Machu Picchu is just as impressive under the sun as in the rain; indeed, the rainy season offers some of the most lush landscapes of Machu Picchu; also allow you to tour the Inca city, as much as possible. And that is already quite more than you can ask for in a place like Machu Picchu.
- When you come to Machu Picchu you should be prepared for rain; the territory where it is located, can change from a radiant sun to a torrential rain in just minutes, so bring waterproof clothing, no matter what time of year it comes. Also you should protect your skin from the sun and insects.
- You can choose to board one of the buses to climb to Machu Picchu, but you can also do it by walking. Or mix, get on bus and go down walking; however, if you are going to visit one of the mountains of Machu Picchu we recommend to go by bus, you will not like to be tired in Machu Picchu. TOP ▲
Advice from people who have been there
“The ruins of the world“
“Machu Picchu is one of the best places in the world, it is impossible not to be overwhelmed by such a display of greatness, especially for the place they chose for it. In reality, they should care very little about the time of year they come, whether it is good weather or not, if you have the opportunity to come to Machu Picchu, do it, it is an essential trip. The rest of Peru is also very beautiful, its food is great, but there is nothing like Machu Picchu.“
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last Update, 09-29-2017