Machu Picchu is a protected natural area of high historical value, its forests, high mountains, rivers, and the enormous variety of flora and fauna inside, have made it considered one of the most amazing environments on the planet. If you already have the tickets Machu Picchu in your possession, know that once in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu village), there is still a section before reaching the “lost city of the Incas”. This can be done by bus or by walking. Going for a walk will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes, but the quickest way is to get to Machu Picchu by bus. In this article we will tell you how to buy bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
Bus Consettur de Aguas Calientes a Machu Picchu
Where to buy the bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu?
The town of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu village) is so small that it will not be difficult to find the ticket office; This is located next to the final station of the trains to Machu Picchu, and right in front is the bus station. You can buy Bus (Consettur) tickets at Av. Hermanos Ayar S / N, before the Ruinas bridge, they do not need to be reserved in advance. The ticket office is open from 05:00 am to 09:00 pm. At the entrance gate of the Inca city you will find another box office, in case you want to walk up and down by bus.
Other places to buy bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
During the high season (June, July, August) people usually make long lines in Aguas Calientes to buy bus tickets to Machu Picchu.
Here are the places where you can buy bus tickets to Machu Picchu in Cusco:
- Av. Infancia 433 – Wanchaq; 08:00 hrs – 12:45 hrs and 15:00 hrs – 18:00 hrs.
- Av. El Sol 380 – Interbank Bank; 09:00 hrs – 13:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs – 18:00 hrs.
From buying your bus tickets to Machu Picchu in Cusco, you can do it the day before; So you can reach Ollantaytambo, take the train to Machu Picchu and head directly to board the bus to climb to the Inca city. The purchase of tickets is personal and can only be done with your passport or ID (national identity card).
You can buy your bus tickets to Machu Picchu in Cusco, thus avoid having to queue just before entering Machu Picchu.
How much do Bus to Machu Picchu tickets cost?
The following chart shows the current bus fares to Machu Picchu.
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- 24.00 USD$
- 12.00 USD$
- 12.00 USD$
- 7.00 USD$
- 15.00 USD$
- 8.00 USD$
- 10.00 USD$
- 6.00 USD$
- 8.00 USD$
- 5.00 USD$
- PEN S/. 12.00
- PEN S/. 19.00
- PEN S/. 8.00
- In case you have any of the Machu Picchu tickets that include the mountains, we recommend you to go by bus, and if you wish, after walking you can walk down; Believe me, Huayna Picchu is quite a challenge, and you will not like being tired as you ascend this amazing mountain.
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu can not be booked in advance and can not be purchased online.
- Remember that your entire trip will depend on the dates of entry to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. If you do not have your Machu Picchu tickets yet, check the availability and reserve them now.
- You should also book train tickets to Machu Picchu in advance, we recommend you do so after knowing your dates of entry to Machu Picchu.
- The buses are ecological, with air conditioning, and are the only vehicles authorized to travel the Hiram Bingham highway to Machu Picchu.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last Update, 24-04-2017
Booking your Machu Picchu Ticket has never been so easy
Check availability in real time - Book quickly and easily - Pay safely - Receive your ticket in 24 hours