Foreign undergraduate students who simply have a ‘ university card ‘ will be able to obtain the student discount on the ticket price. Therefore, the ISIC card or any document other than the indicated document is no longer valid.
- How should the university card be to access the discount in Machu Picchu?
- Who can get a discount on the price of Machu Picchu tickets with university card?
- How to book Machu Picchu tickets with your university card?
- Important information about the university discount in Machu Picchu
- Frequently asked questions about the university discount in Machu Picchu
How should the university card be to access the discount in Machu Picchu?
- All university cards must be plasticized and show the following information clearly: a) the name of the university or institute, b) the names and surnames of the student and c) the current date of the university card.
- Invalid cards are the ISIC as well as some similar document : library card, registration receipt, master’s certificates, doctorate, etc.
Card to reserve the ticket Machu Picchu with student discount
The ISIC card is not valid for the entrance ticket to Machu Picchu. However, this document is accepted to obtain discounts on other services, such as: tours, Inca Trail, entrance to other archaeological sites, Cusco Tourist Ticket and more.
Who can get a discount on the price of Machu Picchu tickets with university card?
- Undergraduate university students and institutes from all over the world (technical or pedagogical career not less than 2 years old) who have a university card; You can get a discount on the ticket price.
- In addition, university students must have less than 25 years at the time of their visit to Machu Picchu.
How to book Machu Picchu tickets with your university card?
To book the Machu Picchu tickets with your university card, you must enter the website of a tourism agency and follow the steps below:
1) Fill out the reservation form with the following information:
- Type of ticket
- Day of admission
- Full name.
- Type of document (passport or identity document).
- Document number.
2) Send the scanned copy of your passport and university card:
- The passport serves to reserve the Machu Picchu tickets while the university card serves to access the discount offered.
3) Pay for your Machu Picchu tickets:
- If the payment is not made within the following hours, the reservation will be canceled. And in the case of Machu Picchu tickets that include the Huayna Picchu mountain, you run the risk of not finding available tickets.
Important information about the university discount in Machu Picchu
- University discount tickets cannot be purchased through the official website of the Ministry of Culture of Peru. These discounts can only be purchased through an authorized travel agency.
- Machu Picchu tickets that include the Huayna Picchu mountain must be booked several months in advance. We recommend doing it at least 3 months before. If you do not reach one of the 400 tickets available, your best option is the Machu Picchu mountain, a similar adventure.
- The Machu Picchu ticket for university students has an even better discount if the visitor is under 18 or is a citizen of Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador or Peru .
Frequently asked questions about the university discount in Machu Picchu
a) Where to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu with university discount?
The university discount ticket can be purchased through the website of an authorized tourism agency or directly at a point of sale in the city of Cusco.
b) Can graduate students access the university discount?
No. The university discount is only valid for undergraduate students who have less than 25 years at the time of entry to the Inca city.
c) How much does the Machu Picchu ticket cost with a university discount?
The ticket Machu Picchu Only with university discount has a cost of 77 Peruvian soles (24 dollars). However, prices vary when purchased at tourism agencies. University students who are also from Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia; They pay 32 soles (10 dollars).
d) Is the ISIC card valid for the purchase of the university discount ticket?
No. The ISIC card is not valid for the purchase of the Machu Picchu ticket with university discount. Neither are enrollment certificates, library cards or any document other than the university card valid.
e) Is the damaged university card valid to buy the ticket?
No. The university card must be in good condition. It is recommended that the names, surnames, photo and expiration date of the card be visible.
f) What other discounts are there in Machu Picchu for university students?
University students have special discounts on the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (4 days) as well as the purchase of the Cusco Tourist Ticket.
Machu Picchu the Wonder of the World
Advice from people who have been there
“I booked the entrance to the huayna 4 months before, I had the first shift, from 7 to 8, I arrived at 8:10, but I was able to enter. On the day of the visit to Machu Picchu I recommend starting very early, I started the queue for the buses from Machu Picchu from 5:15 pm and almost did not arrive. I recommend being in the bus queue before 5 am. The mountain was great, steps of stones, beautiful vegetation, and although I did with drizzle, the landscapes were excellent. The view from the top is simply amazing, unparalleled. You have to be careful on the descent, but it is not very complicated.“
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, December 4, 2019