Do you want to buy the Machu Picchu entrance? Few people know the importance of the Andean Migration Card (TAM) when booking the ticket online. You only have to send a digital copy of the document that you will receive the day of your entry to Peru.
- What is the Andean Migration Card?
- Why do you need the TAM for the trip to Machu Picchu?
- What is the virtual TAM?
- What is physical TAM?
- What are the necessary documents to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
- How to use the TAM in Machu Picchu?
- Is it safe to use the TAM in Machu Picchu?
- What other documents are necessary to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
- More information about the TAM in Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu, the most important citadel of the Inca Empire
What is the Andean Migration Card?
The Andean Migration Card (TAM) is a document that will be given to you when entering any country of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) such as Peru.
It is a document of migratory control of obligatory use. It allows the entry and exit of the territories of Peru as well as Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
Why do you need the TAM for the trip to Machu Picchu?
The TAM is necessary for the purchase of the Machu Picchu ticket online. Tourism agencies need this document to comply with Peruvian tax rules.
Visitors must send the digital copy of the TAM and notify their entry and exit from Peru.
What is the virtual TAM?
If you enter Peru by air through the Jorge Chávez International Airport (Lima); You will receive the TAM in its virtual mode.
To get the virtual TAM:
- Register your travel ticket, passport and fingerprint. The machine will register your image and issue a registration ticket.
Identification document (passport) and Andean Migration Card (TAM)
What is physical TAM?
If you enter Peru by land or by airports other than the Jorge Chávez International Airport; You will receive the TAM in physical mode.
To get the physical TAM:
- Complete the TAM in physical format with personal data such as names, surnames, age, country, document, etc.
The TAM is only valid with the stamp of the migration office that you will receive in the place where you enter Peru.
TAM format to be filled manually, must be sealed when entering and leaving Peru
What are the necessary documents to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
These are the documents that you will need to send to reserve the entry ticket to Machu Picchu through the internet:
- When booking Machu Picchu tickets
- Foreigners: Copy of the passport.
- University students: University card.
- At the moment of entering Peru
- People of all nationalities: Andean Migration Card.
How to use the TAM in Machu Picchu?
The shipment of the TAM is as follows:
- 1) Buy the entrance Machu Picchu online.
- 2) Send a digital copy of the passport or identity document of each visitor.
- 3) Print the tickets purchased and wait for the visit to Machu Picchu to present them.
- 4) On the day of the trip to Peru, send a digital copy of the TAM after arrival in Peruvian territory.
- 5) Visit Cusco and Machu Picchu with the ticket Machu Picchu purchased online.
Is it safe to use the TAM in Machu Picchu?
- All the information provided in the TAM and other documents is used only and exclusively for the reservation of entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Make sure that web pages belonging to tourism agencies are protected by powerful security software.
What other documents are necessary to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
The following documents are necessary to obtain a discount on the ticket price to Machu Picchu:
- Students: Copy of your passport or identity document along with the university card (with current validity date).
- Minors: Copy of passport or ID (identity document) as appropriate.
- Children: Passport or identity document. (Children under 8 do not pay).
All tourists must send the digital copy of the TAM at the time of entering Peru.
More information about the TAM in Machu Picchu
- At the Jorge Chávez International Airport in Peru, there are active biometric doors. They capture your personal information directly from your passport and tickets. This speeds up the process to get the TAM.
- If you enter Peru through any of its land borders (Tacna, Puno, Tumbes, etc.); You can also send a digital copy of the passport with the stamp that verifies entry into the Peruvian territory.
- If you buy the Machu Picchu entrance in person in Cusco, you will not need to show or send the TAM.
- The TAM also serves to visit the tourist attractions of Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, January 17, 2019