The Machu Picchu ticket can also be purchased online from anywhere in the world. This ticket offers discounts for children, university students and citizens of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia. Learn how to purchase the ticket and how to apply for discounts. So you can visit one of the 7 wonders of the modern world!
- Where to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
- What are the discounts offered by Machu Picchu?
- What documents are required?
- How to send the documents?
- How to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
- How will you receive the ticket to Machu Picchu?
- Observations and important information
- Questions and answers about buying the ticket to Machu Picchu by internet
Machu Picchu at sunrise
Where to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
- You can buy your ticket to Machu Picchu in person in Cusco, Peru These are the addresses:.
- Garcilaso Street, s/n, Cusco. (Garcilaso House Museum).
- 324 Maruri Street, Cusco. (Cusicancha).
- Hot Water Cultural Center (Machu Picchu village).
- You can also do it online through the official website for ticket sales to Machu Picchu: www.machupicchu.gob.pe.
- Another option is to do it through the website of an official tourism agency.
What are the discounts offered by Machu Picchu?
- Minors – children and adolescents who are between 3 and 17 years old at the time of their visit to Machu Picchu.
- University students – undergraduate students under 25 years of age at the time of their visit to Machu Picchu (with a valid university card).
- Citizens of CAN – citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia of any age.
Children under 3 years old enter free accompanied by their parents or guardians.
What documents are required?
To access the discounts you need the following information.
- Minors – Passport or identity document that validates their age.
- University students – Valid university card that validates their undergraduate studies.
- Citizens of the CAN – Passport, identity document or immigration card that validates their nationality.
How to send the documents?
- When you make the purchase with the official website www.machupicchu.gob.pe, you only have to accept that the information entered is true. If you do not show the necessary documents that corroborate your information at the gate of Machu Picchu; they won’t let you in.
- When Machu Picchu tickets are purchased online through a tourism agency, you must send an email with the image or digital photo of the document required to access the discount. Thus, the tourism agency ensures that there is no problem at the time of entry to the archaeological site.
- When you buy the Machu Picchu tickets in person in Cusco, you only need to show the required document.
How to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
This is how you buy the ticket to Machu Picchu in person in Cusco:
- Go to the authorized Machu Picchu ticket sales offices located in Cusco, Peru.
- Choose the type of ticket and its time of entry to Machu Picchu (depending on availability).
- Show the identity document or passport of the tourist (university card if you are an undergraduate student).
- Make the payment in cash or by credit or debit card (Visa and MasterCard are the most accepted means).
- Receive the ticket and present it on the day of the visit to Machu Picchu.
This is how you buy the ticket to Machu Picchu online from anywhere in the world:
- Go to the official Machu Picchu ticket sales website (or the website of an authorized tourism agency).
- Choose the type of ticket and your time of entry to Machu Picchu (according to availability).
- Complete the personal data and accept that the information entered is valid.
- In the case of making the purchase with a tourism agency, you must send an email with the digital image of the passport, identity document or university card, as the case may be.
- Make the payment online using a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American, etc.).
- Receive the ticket in PDF, print it and present it on the day of your visit to Machu Picchu.
How will you receive the ticket to Machu Picchu?
The ticket purchased in person:
- The ticket purchased in person will receive it already printed in your own hands.
The ticket purchased online:
- You will receive the Machu Picchu ticket purchased online in PDF format by email.
- The message containing the Machu Picchu ticket may be in your email inbox or in your ‘spam’ messages.
- You only need to print the ticket and present it on the day of your visit along with the identity document with which you made the purchase.
Observations and important information
- Regardless of how you purchase your ticket to Machu Picchu, it is recommended to do so well in advance. It is best to do it online 2 weeks in advance or more.
- The entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain is the most requested by tourists. If you buy this ticket at the last minute you will not find availability. It is best to do it online 2 or 3 months in advance.
- At the Machu Picchu checkpoint you will be asked for a printed copy of your ticket as well as your identity document or passport (the same document with which you made the purchase).
- The documents with which you purchased your ticket must be valid until the date of your visit.
- The ISIC student card is no longer valid to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu with a discount for university students.
- Foreigners residing in Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia can access a discounted ticket by making the purchase with their immigration card.
Questions and answers about buying the ticket to Machu Picchu by internet
1. How to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu online in 2024?
The purchase is through the official website (www.machupicchu.gob.pe) or through the website of an authorized tourism agency.
2. How much does the ticket cost (official prices)?
3. Where do you buy the ticket in Cusco?
Tickets to Machu Picchu can be purchased in Cusco at: a) Garcilaso Street s/n, Cusco (Casa Garcilaso Museum), b) Maruri Street 324, Cusco (Cusicancha) oc) Hot Waters Cultural Center (Machu Picchu village ).
4. Can I buy the ticket at the gate of Machu Picchu?
No, there is no ticket sales at the gate of the Machu Picchu archaeological site.
5 Is the admission to Machu Picchu discounted for senior adults?
No, there are no senior discounts. The only discounts offered are: for university students, those under 18 years of age and citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
6 Is admission to Machu Picchu free for Cusqueños?
Yes, people from Cusco can buy their ticket on the official website for free (only for Sundays).
7. Is it safe to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu online?
Yes, the web pages that offer the sale of tickets to Machu Picchu have security systems that guarantee the privacy of your information.
8. How can I pay the entrance to Machu Picchu online?
Online payment is through payment gateways that accept credit or debit cards Visa, MasterCard and more.
9. Can I buy the entrance to Machu Picchu online from anywhere?
Yes, through the internet visitors can buy their ticket to Machu Picchu from anywhere in the world. This method is the most recommended because it allows you to make the purchase in advance.
10. How will I receive Machu Picchu tickets if I buy online?
Tickets will be received in PDF format in your email inbox. Tickets should only be printed and presented at the entrance gate of Machu Picchu.
By Ticket Machu Picchu – Last updated, December 30, 2023