Do you dream of having a magical honeymoon? Machu Picchu is one of the best options for couples looking for a magical and unique place. Located in the city of Cusco in Peru, the Wonder of the World offers luxury hotels, beautiful mountain landscapes and adventures such as trekking routes to the Inca Trail or climbing the Huayna Picchu mountain. In addition, there are formidable places such as the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Why choose a honeymoon in the Inca llaqta? Learn a little more about one of the places dreamed of by newlyweds around the world.
- Why choose a honeymoon in Machu Picchu?
- When is the best time to go on a honeymoon to Machu Picchu?
- What to do in Machu Picchu during the honeymoon?
- Tours, prices, hotels and more information about Machu Picchu
- Questions and answers about the trip to Machu Picchu as a couple
Visitors spending their honeymoon in Machu Picchu
Marriage proposal at Mach Picchu?
Machu Picchu is one of the most special places in the world. Due to this, many couples celebrate their honeymoon there and, in many cases, the proposal or marriage proposal is made. The perfect place to do it is the Casa del Guardian sector, with a beautiful landscape of Machupicchu in the background. If you visit with a tour, your tour guide can help you record the moment or find the right moment.
Why choose a honeymoon in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is the first tourist destination in South America and Peru. Cusco presents a mystical and romantic atmosphere for a honeymoon trip. These are the main reasons to visit this incredible place as a couple:
- The Wonder of the World is the perfect place for couples who are tired of classic trips to beaches and cruises.
- There are hotels from 1 to 5 stars with all the comforts for newlyweds. From buffet dinners with champagne to thermal baths under the starry night.
- The sunrises and sunsets at the Inca Citadel are unparalleled experiences. It is the best time to be silent and as a couple.
- Many tourists claim that Machu Picchu is full of energy. It is the perfect place to recharge with good vibes before starting the long road of marriage.
- Cusco is one of the few places in the world where it is possible to celebrate an Andean marriage. This symbolic ceremony is closely related to the mountains, Mother Earth (Pachamama) and ancient Inca wisdom.
- For adventurous couples there are many options such as the ascent of Huayna Picchu and the 4-day trekking route known as the Inca Trail.
- The Sacred Valley of the Incas is a region full of luxury hotels and tourist services. You can visit the salt mines of Maras, the archaeological sites of Moray, Ollantaytambo, Pisac and Chinchero. You can also practice adventure sports such as cycling, canoeing, zip lining and much more.
When is the best time to go on a honeymoon to Machu Picchu?
- Any time is perfect to be in Machu Picchu. The place remains open 365 days a year.
- The climate in Machu Picchu is hot and humid. There are two seasons during the year. The rainy season (November to March) has a greater frequency of rain. The dry season (April to October) has a warmer environment and less possibility of river precipitation.
- This season coincides with the high tourist season in Machu Picchu, where visitors from all over the world world they travel to see the Inca Citadel.
- Those months are the best to discover the Wonder of the World during your honeymoon.
Any time is perfect to visit Machu Picchu as a couple
What to do in Machu Picchu during the honeymoon?
Machu Picchu offers countless experiences for newlyweds. Below are some of the best alternatives during the honeymoon:
- Sunrises and sunsets in the Inca Citadel – The sunrise and sunset in the Wonder of the World is a unique experience. The beauty of the landscape tinted by the sun’s rays is the goal of thousands of tourists around the world who come to the Inca Citadel. The only requirement is to be one of the first or last to be in the place.
- Recharge your energies – A strange phenomenon surrounds the Inca llaqta. It is a mysterious energy that visitors who were there said they felt. This strange vibration comes mainly from the Intihuatana, a polished rock that receives the sun’s rays directly. Newlyweds can recharge with good energy before the long journey of marriage.
- Ascend Huayna Picchu – Waynapicchu mountain is the summit located north of the Inca Citadel. The climb to the top is considered one of the most incredible short hikes in the world. Newlyweds who love adventure can enjoy the adrenaline of going to the top. From there you can see all the impressive geography of the place. On its slopes there is a mysterious Inca construction called the Temple of the Moon.
- Inca Trail – One of the most popular adventures in the world. It is a trekking route of 4 days and 3 nights along ancient Inca trails until arriving at the Wonder of the World through the old entrance gate or Intipunku. Travel through incredible landscapes and Inca archaeological sites. Without a doubt, a different and unforgettable honeymoon trip.
- Thermal Baths – At the foot of the mountain where the Inca Citadel is located, is the town of Hot Waters. This peculiar town has thermo-medicinal baths where newlyweds can relax after visiting Machu Picchu. This town also has hotels, restaurants and other tourist services. The income is economical.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas – The Incas built their main buildings in this fertile area surrounded by rivers and mountains . There is the archaeological site of Pisac, the fortress of Ollantaytambo, and the traditional town of Chinchero. It is located a few hours away from the city of Cusco. There it is also possible to practice adventure sports such as cycling, canoeing, zip lining, horseback riding, ATV riding and more.
Tours, prices, hotels and more information about Machu Picchu
- Tours – There are travel agencies that offer honeymoon tours to Cusco, the Sacred Valley and, of course, , Macchu Picchu. Some also include visits to other regions of Peru such as Puno, Arequipa, the Amazon and more. Most offer luxurious hotels (4 or 5 stars), with panoramic views and bottles of champagne. However, it is also possible to choose the accommodation of your preference. Tours can be booked online, by phone or once in the city of Cusco.
- Hotels – Cusco offers a variety of hotel offers according to the visitor’s taste. There are hotels from 1 to 5 stars. There is even a hanging shelter where you can spend the night at the top of a mountain. Newlyweds can have fantastic experiences in the hotels in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, one of the most beautiful places in the Andes. It is recommended to reserve these services days in advance during the high tourist season (April to October). The best hotels are in the city of Cusco, Urubamba and Aguas Calientes. Reservations can be made online.
- Restaurants – Peruvian food is one of the most delicious in the world. Newlyweds can enjoy the typical dishes of the region in the best restaurants in Cusco, Sacred Valley and Aguas Calientes. Even accompanied by romantic candles and a bottle of champagne. The best restaurants are in Cusco, Urubamba and Machu Picchu town. Don’t miss the opportunity to try typical Peruvian dishes such as ceviche, causa rellena, papa a la huancaína and others.
- Prices – Prices for a honeymoon in Machu Picchu vary according to the expectations of the newlyweds. A 5-star hotel can cost more than $600 a night. There are others located near the Main that cost between $60, $70 or $80. Tours offer 3, 4 or 5 day packages for affordable prices. There are also tours that also visit other tourist regions of Peru, such as Lima, Puno (Lake Titicaca), Arequipa and the Amazon (Peruvian jungle). Check prices on traveler websites such as TripAdvisor or Booking.com.
A happy married couple in Moray – Sacred Valley
Questions and answers about the trip to Machu Picchu as a couple
1) When is the best time to visit Machu Picchu as a couple?
Machu Picchu is open every day of the year. The best time to visit is from May to October, when rains are not frequent. These months are called ‘dry season’ in Machu Picchu.
2) How much does a private tour guide cost in Machu Picchu?
A tour guide service in Machu Picchu for a couple costs between 40 to 70 dollars.
3) Can I toast with wine or champagne at Machu Picchu?
No, in Machu Picchu you are not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages. Picnics are also not allowed.
4) What are the best 5-star hotels in Machu Picchu?
There is only one 5-star hotel in Machu Picchu: the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge. In Aguas Calientes (10 kilometers from Machu Picchu) there is a 5 star hotel: the Beautiful Machu Picchu Hotel.
5) What are the best restaurants in Machu Picchu?
The best restaurants when visiting Machu Picchu are: Tinkuy, Indio Feliz, Full House Peruvian Food, Julian Restaurant and more.
6) How to get to Machu Picchu by private transportation?
To get to Machu Picchu by private transportation, you need to hire a private tour with a tourism agency in Cusco. The cost for a couple is $400 to $600 depending on the type of service you choose.
7) How long before you buy the ticket to Machu Picchu online to travel as a couple?
The best way to find availability at Machu Picchu is to buy the entrance ticket online. It is recommended to do it 2 or 4 months in advance. This way you can ensure availability and your entry to the Inca citadel.
8) What is the best circuit in Machu Picchu for a young couple?
Circuit 2 is the most recommended in Machu Picchu. You can do this circuit with the ‘Machupicchu Only’ or ‘Machupicchu with Inca Bridge’ tickets.
9) What is the best ticket or circuit in Machu Picchu for an elderly couple?
Circuit 3 or circuit 4 are recommended for older adults. This circuit is done through the lower part of the archaeological site, it does not require going up or down too many stone stairs.
10) How to visit Machu Picchu as a couple cheaply?
The best way to visit Machu Picchu economically is by taking the economic route through Hidroeléctrica. An excellent option is to hire the 2-day Machu Picchu tour through Hidroeléctrica, also called Machu Picchu Tour by car.
Advice from people who have been there
“We visited Machu Picchu where I proposed to my girlfriend. The friends of Machupicchu Terra helped us to prepare the surprise. Happily everything went well. I am very grateful. Happily she said YES to me. Greetings!“