Tour Choquequirao Trek 4 days "all included service"
Choquequirao Trek From 2 people
Prices from 690 USD per person
The 4-day Choquequirao trek includes full meals with the best chefs in Cusco, specialists in hiking trails. The camps are well equipped to enjoy comfortable nights under the stars. Tickets are already included!Operated by Machupicchu Terra
SUMMARY: The trek to Choquequirao begins with the pick up and transportation from the city of Cusco to the town of Cachora (Capuliyoq). There begins the 6-hour walk to Rosalina Beach passing through the impressive Apurímac canyon. On the second day, Andean landscapes are traveled until arriving at Choquequirao where we camp. The third day is the tour of Choquequirao and, in the afternoon, the return by the same route. In total there will be 62 kilometers in round-trip sections. (See detailed itinerary with maps).
- Tour time: 4 days.
- Pick up service from the door of your hotel.
- Tour guide service in English or Spanish.
- Complete transportation at the beginning of the walk.
- Team of cooks included (with vegetarian option).
- Camping equipment with tents, first aid kit, oxygen, etc.
- Transfer of equipment on horseback and porters.
- Entrance to Choquequirao.
- Easy payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and more.
- Immediate confirmation.
Everything you need to know about the 4-day Choquequirao Trek!
Included in the tour
The tour includes everything you need for the adventure: Pick up from the hotel, transportation to the starting point of the trek, team of porters with pack horse, guide, camp, cooks, entrance fee, oxygen, first aid kit, hygiene products and more.
Prices and discounts
Check the updated rates of the Choquequirao trek 4 days 2023. Remember that the prices are according to the tourist market of Cusco. Take advantage of the discounts offered. Visit the sacred Sister of Machu Picchu!
The tour begins with the pick up from Cusco and the subsequent trip to the starting point of the trek. The one-way route is 2 days and 31 kilometers on average. Then you return to Cusco along the same path. Know the detailed itinerary day by day!
The trek includes
The Choquequirao trek offers high quality tourist services organized by experts in tourism from Cusco. The tour includes full transportation, meals with cooks, camping equipment, entrance fee, professional guide service, and more.
Pick up and transport to Capuliyoq
The tour includes the pick up of the tourist at the door of his hotel in the city of Cusco. Then the transport is carried out in a tourist minivan to the town of Capuliyoc in Cachora. There begins the walk to Choquequirao.
Food with chefs in camps
The tour includes a team of professional chefs who offer: 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners. Optionally, tourists can request special vegetarian food. The meals are prepared with the best ingredients.
Camp equipment 3 nights
The tour includes three nights of camping under the stars.The camping equipment includes tents, mats and shelter for the night. The camps are well equipped to enjoy a comfortable night in the mountains.
Entrance to Choquequirao
The tour includes the entrance ticket to Choquequirao. This ticket, in addition to offering a tour of one of the most mysterious archaeological sites in Cusco, allows you to camp next to this Inca city known as ‘The sacred sister of Machupicchu’.
Professional tour guide service
The tour includes professional tour guide service. The guide has knowledge about the route and about the mysterious Choquequirao. The guided service is shared with other tourists in Spanish or English.
team of porters with horses
The tour includes a team of porters with horses. They are the ones who have the difficult mission of moving the kitchen equipment and the camping equipment so that the tourist only takes their personal utensils with them.
Can I visit Choquequirao by transport?Choquequirao is located at the top of a mountainous geographical area that is difficult to access, over the Apurímac canyon and on the slopes of the Vilcabamba mountain range. For this reason, there are no roads or carriage roads up to there. Currently the only way to get there is on foot. For the future it is planned to build a cable car that will allow you to get there in just minutes.
What will you see?
The 4-day Choquequirao trek includes tourist attractions of great scenic beauty and history. It highlights the incredible landscapes of the Apurímac canyon as well as the Andean landscapes of the Vilcabamba mountain range. Of course, the main tourist attraction is Choquequirao, the Inca city called the 'Sacred Sister of Machu Picchu'.
Choquequirao is called 'The sacred sister of Machu Picchu' for its resemblance to the Inca citadel. The truth is that it was an Inca city located on top of an inaccessible mountain. It is believed that it was 'The lost city of the Incas'. It offers incredible history and scenery!
The Apurimac River canyon is one of the deepest in the world (4,691 meters deep). It has a basin 350 kilometers long. Divides the departments of Cusco and Apurímac. It is one of the most beautiful landscapes on the route.
Along the Choquequirao trek you can appreciate Andean landscapes of great beauty. The route borders the mountains of the Cordillera de Vilcabamba, the same one that houses Machu Picchu. The views from Choquequirao are unbeatable. Recommended!
The difficulty of the Choquequirao trekThe Choquequirao trek is a challenging walk. The reason? Part of the paths are uphill through a mountainous geography that requires significant physical effort. In addition, the Apurímac canyon is characterized by its high temperatures, which maximizes the effort of visitors. It is still a route that everyone can do. Recommended!
The 4-day Choquequirao trek offers promotional prices for tourists. The rates are according to the tourist market of Cusco. Dare to make one of the best adventures in Cusco!
|Prices Tour Choquequirao Trek 4 Days|
|Number of people||2||3||4||5||6||7||8 and up|
|Price||690 USD||560 USD||480 USD||430 USD||400 USD||380 USD||360 USD|
*The prices are per person, the tour is carried out from 2 visitors to more.
How is the itinerary?
The 4-day Choquequirao tour begins with the pick-up of the tourist at the door of his hotel and the transfer to the starting point of the trek in the town of Capuliyoq. There begins the walk downhill until reaching Playa Rosalina where the first night is spent. The next day the hike uphill to Choquequirao where we spend the night. The next day is intended to tour the Inca site, and then return by the same path that you came.
1 Day 1: Cusco – Capuliyoq
- The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of his hotel in the historic center of the city of Cusco. The pick up is valid for tourists staying in the historic center of the city (most tourist hotels are in that area). If your hotel is not located there, it is necessary to coordinate a meeting point.
- Then a trip is made in tourist transport from the city of Cusco to the town of Capuliyoq (4 hours of travel). On the route you will see the beautiful landscapes and Andean towns of Cusco.
2 Day 1: Capuliyoq – Rosalina Beach
- In Capuliyoq the walk begins through beautiful Andean landscapes until we arrive at the camp where we will enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by the cooks.
- The route continues to the town of Chiquisca. Then we descend to the sector of La Playa Rosalina. There we will have dinner and spend the night in a camp conditioned by our porters.
3 Day 2: Rosalina Beach – Marampata – Choquequirao
- Early we will have breakfast in the camp. Then you will follow the route uphill for an average of 2 hours to the Santa Rosa camp where we will take a break.
- The walk continues uphill for approximately 3 hours until arriving at the Marampata camp where the cooks will have our delicious lunch ready.
- After lunch we will continue the route until we arrive at Choquequirao, the 'Sacred Sister of Machu Picchu'. There we will accommodate the camp and, after dinner, we will spend the night next to the Inca archaeological site.
4 Day 3: Choquequirao – Salto Pajchayoc – Chiquisca
- After breakfast we will enter the archaeological site of Choquequirao. Together with our tour guide (who will accompany us in the four days) we will visit its famous buildings.
- Choquequirao is a huge Inca archaeological site. The tour includes the visit of important Inca constructions such as: the Main Square, the House of the waterfall, the Hanan Square, the viewpoint and the llamas sector.
- After a complete tour of Choquequirao we will enjoy a country lunch in our camp located outside the archaeological site.
5 Day 3 and Day 4: Return to Cusco
- After lunch we start the return path following the same path as the outbound section.
- The third night we will spend in the Chiquisca camp where dinner is included.
- Early on the 4th we restart the walk of approximately 4 hours to the town of Capuliyoq where we will enjoy the last lunch.
- After lunch there are still two hours of walking on average until we reach the town of Cachora, where we will conclude with the tough but memorable adventure.
- In the town of Cachora we will board the bus that will take us back to the city of Cusco where the tour ends.
The Choquequirao trek is a challenging route that leads to the mysterious Inca citadel of Choquequirao, also known as 'The sacred sister of Machu Picchu' for its resemblance to the Inca citadel of Machupicchu. The route offers history, beautiful landscapes and a lot of adventure. Know important information you should know!
The weather on the route
The weather on the route is divided into two: the dry and rainy season..The first occurs from April to October and is considered the best time to do the route. The second occurs from November to March and allows you to see greener landscapes. The weather on the hike is hot due to the Apurímac canyon.
The travel backpack
Are you going to do the Choquequirao trek? Prepare a comfortable travel backpack with a maximum of 5 kilos. Include sleeping bag, poncho in case of rain, sunscreen, hat, comfortable and light clothing for the day, medicines, snacks, rehydrating drinks, personal utensils and whatever you consider necessary.
Optional services for trek
The tour includes camping equipment with tents and mats. Optionally you can add these services for a more comfortable walk: sleeping bag, additional mat, trekking poles and more. You can add these services in our reservation form. Recommended!
The route that connects Choquequirao with MachupicchuThe 4-day Choquequirao trek is the classic version of this trek. This route is approximately 62 kilometers. One of the most famous versions is the one that connects Choquequirao and Machu Picchu. This route is approximately 115 kilometers long, that is, it is a demanding walk. The best option is to do it with a tourism agency.
The 4-day Choquequirao trek tour offers several benefits to tourists. For example, the option to cancel or change the date of the tour. Tourists can make the payment through various methods, all easy and safe. The tourism agency is authorized.
Authorized tourism agency
The Choquequirao trek 4 days tour is organized by Machu Picchu Terra, an authorized tourism agency of Cusco with code AUT00115.We are one of the best agencies in Cusco. Contact + 51 84 207064 or email email@example.com.
Changes and cancellation of the tour
The tour offers the option of cancellation or changes up to 3 days before as the latest term. Changes (such as date change) have a penalty that varies from 40 to 20% of the value of the tour. The cancellation has a penalty of 50% of the value of the service. The request is sent by email.
Easy and secure payments
Payment for the tour is made online through different payment methods such as:Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club or PayPal. Payment is easy and 100% secure. The website has Internet security systems that protect visitor information.
Learn about the frequently asked questions and their respective answers made by the visitors of the Choquequirao trek 4 days tour. You have doubts? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 084 – 207064.
1) How many kilometers is the Choquequirao trek 4 days?
The 4-day Choquequirao trek covers approximately 62 kilometers in round-trip sections. The walk is through mountainous landscapes near the Apurímac canyon.
2) Does the tour include pick up from my hotel?
Yes. The tour includes pick up from the tourist's hotel located in the historic center of Cusco. For hotels located outside this area, a pick-up must be coordinated in a central square.
3) What language is the tour guide service in?
The tour guide is carried out in Spanish or English. For a private service in another language it is necessary to request it to email@example.com.
4) How are the camps on the tour?
The tour includes three nights of camping. All camps include tents, mats and what is necessary for a comfortable night.
5) Can I include vegetarian food?
Yes, the tour offers food in camps prepared by specialist cooks: 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners. Optionally, the tourist can request vegetarian food. For this you must send an email in advance.
6) Is the Choquequirao trek safe?
Yes, the Choquequirao trek is a safe hiking route. The paths are demanding but not dangerous. In addition, the tour guide has knowledge in first aid.
7) When is the best time to do the tour?
The Choquequirao trek is available all year round. The best time to do this walk is from April to November. In those months the days are sunnier and ideal for walking.
8) Can I change the date of the tour?
Yes. The tour date can be changed through a request by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org). The penalty is 20% for requests from 11 days before or more, 30% for requests from 6 to 10 days and 40% for requests from 3 to 5 days before.
9) How do I pay for the tour?
Payment for the tour can be made securely online. Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and PayPal cards are accepted.
10) Can I cancel the tour?
Yes, the tour can be canceled if requested in advance. The last deadline is 3 days before. The penalty is 35% of the value of the tour (the return of 65% of the paid tour).