Tour Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
From 2 people
Foreign 330 USD (per person) 350 USD
Andean Community 305 USD (per person) 325 USD
The tour offers a short tour of Machu Picchu (IT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CLASSIC POSTCARD PHOTO) but a long and adventurous route to the top of Huayna Picchu. This hike is amazing and recommended. The tour includes the Vistadome train option and lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant, belonging to the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel.Operated by Machupicchu Terra
SUMMARY: Huayna Picchu (2,720 m.s.n.m.) is a mountain that is located within the Inca City of Machu Picchu. Climbing to the top of this summit is considered one of the most incredible short hikes in the world. The tour begins with the transfer by minivan and train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes. Then a bus transfer is made to the entrance gate to Machu Picchu. Then you enter Machu Picchu making a short tour to, later, make the famous hike to the top of Huayna Picchu.(See full itinerary with maps)
- Tour time: 1 day.
- Private tour guide service for the Huayna Picchu mountain.
- Full transportation by bus and Expedition train (with Vistadome train option)
- Pick up service from the door of your hotel.
- Buffet lunch option at Tinkuy restaurant.
- Ticket to the Huayna Picchu mountain.
- Easy payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and more.
- Immediate confirmation.
Everything you need to know about the 1-day tour to Huayna Picchu Mountain!
This tour includes the pick up in Cusco, entrance to the Huayna Picchu mountain, complete transportation (including buses and train to Machu Picchu), the professional private tour guide, the option of buffet lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant and more.
The prices are cheap. The tour offers discounts for the following tourists: university students, people under 18 years of age and citizens with documentation from Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia.
The tour begins with the pick up of the tourist at the door of his hotel. Then travel by minivan, train and bus to the gate of Machu Picchu. There, a tour of Machu Picchu is made to later, make the trek to Huayna Picchu with a private guide. Know the itinerary in detail!
Everything included in the Full Day Machu Picchu + Waynapicchu Tour
Visiting the Huayna Picchu mountain in a single day requires maximum organization. The tour offers a round trip transfer to Cusco in a sprinter, a train trip to Ollantaytambo (round trip), a bus trip to Machu Picchu (round trip), private tour guide service on the Huayna Picchu mountain and entrance fee. Everything so that you can enjoy your trip without any worries!
Pick up from the hotel door
In the early hours of the morning (approximately 4 am), a minivan will pick up each tourist at the door of their hotel in the city of Cusco. It is the beginning of the adventure.
Round trip transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo
The transfer is in a minivan with comfortable seats and large windows to better appreciate the landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas during the trip. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Roundtrip ‘Expedition’ train ride to Aguas Calientes
The 'Expedition' train departs from the Ollantaytambo station to the town of Aguas Calientes. In a comfortable trip and with cars with wide windows to enjoy the beautiful view of the journey.It takes almost 2 hours.
Round trip by bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
These buses cover the Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu route and vice versa. The buses are ecological. The journey is up the slopes of a steep mountain and takes approximately 30 minutes.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
This ticket includes admission to the Inca City of Machu Picchu (short tour of circuit 4) as well as the famous Huayna Picchu mountain. Reaching the top of this summit is one of the most amazing adventures on the trip to Cusco.
Tour guide service in English or Spanish
The tourist guide is carried out in private service by the Huayna Picchu mountain. The tour of Machu Picchu (circuit 4) is done without a guide. The tour of the mountain takes between 2 to 3 hours. All guides are A-1 professionals.
Is it difficult to visit the Huayna Picchu mountain?Climbing the Waynapicchu mountain has a 'medium - moderate' difficulty. In total, 2 kilometers are ascended by steep paths (extreme in some sections). The ascent is 300 meters. This adventure is not recommended for tourists who have a phobia of heights. Entry is only allowed to those over 12 years of age.
What places will I see?
In the Inca City of Machu Picchu you will be able to observe incredible Inca constructions. The Intihuatana, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows are just some of them. In addition to the great adventure that means climbing the Waynapicchu mountain, in it you will be able to observe some unique structures that can only be observed there, such as the Temple of the Moon.
The tour offers a short tour of Machu Picchu. This circuit includes a visit to some famous buildings such as the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Condor, the Temple of the Sun, the Water Mirrors and more. Does not include the classic postcard photo of Machu Picchu.
The Huayna Picchu mountain is the summit that stands out in Machu Picchu in the classic postcard photo. The hike up there is a 2 kilometer uphill adventure. On the route you can see incredible landscapes, Inca constructions and more. The top is a very photographed place.
The town of Aguas Calientes is also called Machu Picchu town because of its proximity to the archaeological site. There you can see magical mountainous landscapes, the Vilcanota River and more. It stands out for its numerous tourist services: cafes, restaurants, bars, etc.
What to bring to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu?For Machu Picchu you must bring sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, rain poncho and comfortable clothing for walks. In addition, for the Waynapicchu you must bring trekking shoes, water in a canteen and a camera.
The 1-day Huayna Picchu tour offers discounts for university students, people under 18 years of age, and citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, or Bolivia. Children under 3 years old enter free. Know the prices and promotions in detail!.
|Huayna Picchu Tour with Machu Picchu Full Day
|Andean Community Perú, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador
|With Expedition train
|With Vistadome train
*The prices are per person, this tour is carried out from 2 visitors to more.
How is the itinerary?
The adventure begins very early in order to take one of the first trains to Machu Picchu. Once in Aguas Calientes you will tour the Inca City of Machu Picchu (without a guide). Then you will climb Huayna Picchu with a private tour guide. The return is by the same way as the outbound trip.
1 Pick up and travel to Aguas Calientes
- The tourist collection for the tour is at the hotel in the historic center of Cusco.
- There is a trip by bus or minivan from the city of Cusco to the Ollantaytambo train station (journey time of 1 hour 45 minutes approximately).
- In Ollantaytambo you board the Expedition train that will take you about 2 hours to the final station in Aguas Calientes.
2 Travel by bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- In the village of Aguas Calientes we will wait for our assistant who will lead us to the bus station, located just a few steps away from the train station.
- There we will board the ecological buses that in approximately 30 minutes will take us from the town of Aguas Calientes to the ticket door of Machu Picchu.
3 Short tour of Machu Picchu
- The tourist will enter Machu Picchu. Then will carry out a short route (Circuit 4) especially for the Inca citadel. This route lasts approximately 1 hour. Include the visit of tourist attractions such as: the Sacred Rock, the Temple of the Cóndor, the Temple of the Sun, the Water Mirrors and more.
- At the time indicated by the tourist guide, the group will meet at the entrance door of the Huayna Picchu mountain (located inside the archaeological site). There you will have to make your ticket to start the ascent to the top of the mountain in private service.
4 Routed through the Mountain Huayna Picchu
- In Huayna Picchu, you start a hike up through almost 2,000 stone steps until you reach the top of the mountain (a walk of 1 hour 30 minutes on average).
- On top of Huayna Picchu is the moment to take the classic postcard photos with the landscape of Machu Picchu at hand.
- Luego has to return for the same stretch of ascent, solo que ahora en descent. The visit to the Templo de la Luna is closed until further notice.
5 Return to Cusco
- After finishing their visit, tourists who chose the lunch buffet option will head to the Tinkuy restaurant, which is located at the entrance to the Inca city of Machu Picchu. The other visitors can have lunch on their own account or go shopping in the town of Aguas Calientes.
- At the time indicated by the tourist guide, you should approach the train station (get there 30 minutes from the train exit).
- El viaje en tren es en servicio ‘Expedition’. Tourists have the option of choosing the 'Vistadome' train, which offers a different experience with onboard dance shows and a parade of alpaca gifts.
- In Ollantaytambo, next to the train trip, an agent will take you to the tourist minivan for the final return to Cusco. The return trip is also on an Expedition train (optional Vistadome train).
- In Ollantaytambo you will have to transfer to a minivan that will finally take you to the city of Cusco.
Optional buffet lunch at the Tinkuy restaurant in Machu Picchu
Tourists who want a more complete tour can add the option of a buffet lunch at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant. This service is highly recommended for the variety of its dishes. They are all delicious as they are prepared by the best chefs in Cusco. Take advantage of!
Variety of soups, breads and salads
A wide variety of fresh and cooked salads, breads and appetizers. Delicious and very diverse entries. It includes hot soups, salads, crispy breads, papa a la huancaína and more.
- ✓ Salads with tomato, lettuce, quinoa and more.
- ✓ Hot soups made with products from the Sacred Valley.
- ✓ The famous stuffed cause made with native potatoes.
- ✓ A variety of crispbreads made from wheat and corn.
- ✓ The rich papa a la huancaína with creams.
The best of Peruvian gastronomy
Exquisite main courses with fish, chicken and red meat. It includes lomo saltado, alpaca stew, lamb, spaghetti, marinades, ceviche, arroz a la jardinera, pizzas and more.
- ✓ The famous lomo saltado.
- ✓ Trout ceviche with sweet potato and toasted corn.
- ✓ A variety of stews: chicken, lamb and alpaca.
- ✓ White rice and arroz a la jardinera.
- ✓ Soft and delicious spaghetti.
- ✓ Hot pizzas with option for vegetarians.
Delicious desserts, drinks and more
The best of desserts and drinks are included: coffee mousse, chocolate, passion fruit cake, purple porridge and more. It also includes hot and cold drinks such as chicha morada, coffee, tea and more.
- ✓ The most delicious chocolate, coffee, passion fruit cakes and more.
- ✓ Purple mazamorra and rice pudding.
- ✓ Hot infusions including Peruvian coffee.
- ✓ Cold drinks including chicha morada.
The train services you can use
The 1-day Huayna Picchu mountain tour includes the trip on the Expedition tourist train in round-trip sections. These train services are comfortable and recommended. If the tourist wishes to improve it, they can select the return by train 'Vistadome'. This service includes maximum comfort as well as a dance show and parade of alpaca clothing. Find out what each of these trains offers! .
1 Expedition train (included)
The Expedition train is the service included in the tour. This train is a comfortable tourist service, with seats, windows, tables, service on board and more.
- ✓ Views of the landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- ✓ Beautiful interior decoration with Andean motifs.
- ✓ Comfortable seats with large tables.
- ✓ Attention on board with sale of snacks and drinks..
- ✓ Informative audios on the train route.
2 Vistadome train (optional)
The Vistadome train is an optional service on the tour. This tourist train is highly recommended for its seats, panoramic windows, tables and more. Recommended!
- ✓ Large windows that resemble a 360 degree view.
- ✓ Beautiful interior decoration with Andean motifs.
- ✓ Free drinks and snacks on board (suspended by protocol).
- ✓ Cusco dance show (on the return train).
- ✓ Alpaca clothing parade show (on the return train).
The benefits of the tour
Getall these great benefits, which willallow you to have a calm, safe and comfortable trip, at the best price, so you can make the most of the tour. Assistance is permanent at + 51 84 207064 or email@example.com. We always think about your well-being!
Authorized tourism agency
The tour is organized by Machupicchu Terra. It is an authorized tourism agency and accredited by the Ministry of Culture of Peru with code AUT00115. With many years of experience making tours to Machu Picchu as well as the main attractions of Cusco.
Tour cancellation option
For your peace of mind and if required, the tour offers the option of cancellation after making the payment. To do this, you only have to request the procedure with due anticipation by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellation has a penalty of 50% of the value of the tour.
Train service and lunch (optional)
The tour offers the option of returning by Vistadome train (which includes a dance show on board and a parade of alpaca clothing). It also offers the option of buffet lunch at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant (belongs to the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel).
When is the best time to go to Waynapicchu?In truth, any time is the right one to visit the Huayna Picchu mountain. However, during the months of November to March, it usually rains a lot. Thus, the dry season (April to October) is a good time to go.
Questions and Answers
These are some of the most recurring questions asked by visitors who have already visited Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. If you have any questions, write to email@example.com. You can also make a call to 084 – 207064.
1) Why visit the Huayna Picchu mountain?
The Huayna Picchu mountain is the best adventure within Machu Picchu as it offers an incredible hiking route. From its top, panoramic photos of Machu Picchu are obtained that few tourists manage to obtain.
2) How long does the Huayna Picchu Full Day tour last?
The tour lasts approximately 16 hours (from 4 in the morning to 8 at night).
3) What language is the tour guide service in?
The tour includes private professional tourist guidance on the Huayna Picchu mountain. The available languages are Spanish, English, Portuguese and French.
4) Does the tour include lunch?
No, the tour does not include lunch. However, tourists can optionally add the buffet lunch service at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant in Machu Picchu.
5) Can I take the classic photo in Machu Picchu with the tour?
No, the tour does not include the classic postcard photo of Machu Picchu that many tourists seek to obtain. However, it does allow you to get a panoramic photo of Machu Picchu and the beautiful geography that surrounds it from the top of the Huayna Picchu mountain. The tour of Machu Picchu is short (you can only see constructions such as the Sacred Rock, the Hall of Mirrors, the Temple of the Condor, etc.).
6) Why is the Vistadome train option recommended?
The tour offers the Expedition tourist train service. Optionally (for an extra payment) tourists can select the Vistadome service. This train is especially recommended on the return leg as it includes a dance show and parade of alpaca garments. Recommended!
7) Can I cancel the Huayna Picchu Full Day tour?
Yes, the tour has the option of cancellation if it is done with a last term of 5 days before the tour. The penalty for this is 50% of the value of the tour (50% refund). The tour does not allow changing the date of visit.
8) How to fully visit Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu?
The tour offers a unique tour of the Huayna Picchu mountain and a short tour of Machu Picchu. For a more complete route, it is recommended to choose the 2-day Machu Picchu with Huayna Picchu tour.
9) How do I pay for the tour?
The payment of the tour is made online through our payment platforms that they accept Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and PayPal cards.
10) What to bring to the tour?
On the day of the tour, do not forget to bring sportswear, resistant shoes, a hat, sunscreen, a poncho in case of rain, snacks, rehydrating drinks, an extra polo shirt or blouse, and everything inside a comfortable backpack.