Machu Picchu tour in the afternoon From 2 people
Foreign $280 (per person) 350 USD
Andean Community 250 USD (per person) 300 USD
All our services are organized with the highest quality. Includes everything you need. Visitors who wish to upgrade their tour with superior services such as the famous Vistadome tourist train or lunch at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant (in the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel), can request it.Operated by Machupicchu Terra
Visit Machu Picchu at its best time. The one-day afternoon tour has several advantages over the classic morning tour. In this service you will not have to get up early as the tour starts at around 7 in the morning (the classic tour starts at 4 am or earlier). In addition you will be able to enjoy the archaeological site in the afternoon (from 2 pm) when there are much fewer visitors and when you can get better photos. The tour includes everything you need for the trip: pick up, transfer, train, bus, tickets, tour guide as well as a buffet lunch option in Machu. 100% recommended! (See full itinerary with maps)
- Tour time: 1 day (15 hours).
- Tour guide service in English or Spanish.
- Entrance to Machupicchu Only (classic postcard photo).
- Expedition train service (optional Vistadome).
- Buffet lunch option at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant in Machu Picchu.
- Easy payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and more.
- Immediate confirmation.
Everything you need to know about the Tour to Machu Picchu in the afternoon!
The tour includes pick up from the tourist, transfer to Ollantaytambo, Expedition train to Aguas Calientes, final bus to Machu Picchu, Ticket Machu Picchu Only and professional guide service. The tour also offers the option of the Vistadome train and lunch at the famous Tinkuy restaurant.
The tour has the advantage of offering different prices and discounts for foreign tourists, Peruvians, children under 18 years of age, university students as well as citizens of Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia. Learn about the prices and discounts for the Machupicchu tour in the afternoon here.
The tour begins at around 7 am with the pick up of the tourist. Then you travel by minian to Ollantaytambo. There the train departs to Aguas Calientes. Finally there is a short bus trip to Machu Picchu. There the tour with a professional guide through the Inca city takes place. Learn more about the tour itinerary!.
Everything included in the tour
The 1-day tour to Machu Picchu in the afternoon offers everything you need for the trip: pick up from the tourist's hotel (in the historic center of Cusco), the transfer by minivan to Ollantaytambo, the Expedition train trip to Aguas Calientes, the bus trip to Machu Picchu, the Ticket Machu Picchu Only in the afternoon, the professional guide service and more.
Pick up and complete transport
The tour begins with the tourist's pick up at their hotel in the historic center of Cusco (the vast majority of tourist hotels are there). Offers minivan transfer to Ollantaytambo and Expedition train ride. Finally includes the final bus trip to Machu Picchu. All these services in round-trip sections.
Tickets Machupicchu Only in the afternoon
The tour includes the Ticket Machu Picchu Only in the afternoon schedule (from 2 pm). This ticket, the most used by tourists, allows you to take the classic postal photo and tour the archaeological site with fewer tourists around compared to the morning shift.
Guide and buffet lunch option in Machupicchu
The tour includes professional tour guide service in Machu Picchu. The guide takes 2 hours on average and is carried out in Spanish or English. Also, optionally, tourists can add a buffet lunch to their tour at the Tinkuy restaurant of the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel (the only hotel located next to Machupicchu).
Why visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon?Most tourists visit Machu Picchu in the morning. This causes the Inca city to look crowded until approximately noon. For this reason, visiting Machu Picchu in the afternoon allows a freer tour, with fewer people around. Also, if there is no fog (the fog usually occurs in the morning), you can get fantastic photos of Machupicchu. The disadvantage? The Intihuatana and the Temple of the Condor are closed to visitors. You can still visit almost the entire archaeological site!
Train services available
The Machu Picchu 1 day afternoon tour includes the trip by Expedition train in outbound sections (from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes) and return (from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo). Optionally, the tourist can choose the superior Vistadome service. Find out what each of these trains offers.
1 Expedition train (included)The Expedition train is the service included in the tour. It offers all the comforts on board. It is a tourist train of excellent quality. Ideal for a comfortable and pleasant trip.
- ✓ Views of the landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- ✓ Beautiful interior decoration with Andean motifs.
- ✓ Comfortable seats with large tables.
- ✓ Attention on board with sale of snacks and drinks..
- ✓ Informative audios on the train route.
2 Vistadome train (optional)Optionally (for an extra payment) the tourist can choose the Vistadome train, an entertaining service especially recommended for the return leg.
- ✓ Large windows that resemble a 360 degree view.
- ✓ Beautiful interior decoration with Andean motifs.
- ✓ Free drinks and snacks on board.
- ✓ Cusco dance show (on the return train).
- ✓ Alpaca clothing parade show (on the return train).
Why entrust your trip to us?We are Machu Picchu Terra, an authorized travel agency. We have extensive experience organizing tours to Machu Picchu. We take care of choosing the best schedule for your train trip. This way you will not miss anything and you will enjoy an incredible experience in Machu Picchu.
Rates and discounts
The 1-day Machupicchu tour offers a varied rate with discounts for: university students, people under 18 years of age, citizens of Peru as well as foreign tourists from Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia. In addition, during the reservation, optionally, the tourist can add the special lunch promotion at the prestigious Tinkuy restaurant in Machu Picchu (in the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel). Take advantage of!.
|Machu Picchu in the Afternoon Full Day||Foreign||Andean Community Perú, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador|
|With Expedition train||280 USD||260 USD||240 USD||250 USD||230 USD||230 USD|
|With Vistadome train||350 USD||330 USD||310 USD||320 USD||300 USD||300 USD|
*The prices are per person, this tour is carried out from 2 visitors to more.
The tour itinerary
The tour lasts approximately 15 hours. It begins with the pick up of the tourist at around 7 in the morning. Then the transfer is made to the train station where the bus will be taken to Ollantaytambo. There you board the Expedition train to Aguas Calientes. Finally you take the bus (only 30 minutes) to Machu Picchu. The tour of the Inca city is accompanied by a professional guide at an average of 2 pm. The return is by the same route. You arrive in Cusco at around 10:40 at night. Get to know the more detailed itinerary!
1 From Cusco to Ollantaytambo by bus
- The tour begins with the tourist's pick-up from their hotel in the historic center of the city at approximately 7 am.
- Our tourist transport will take you on a short trip to the Wanchaq station in Cusco.
- At this station you will board the bus that will take you through the Sacred Valley of the Incas to the train station in the town of Ollantaytambo (approximately a 2-hour trip).
2 From Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes by train
- At the Ollantaytambo train station we will arrive on the Expedition train.
- This train journey is pleasant and comfortable. It allows you to enjoy beautiful landscapes of Cusco with all the comforts on board.
- After almost 2 hours of travel, we arrive at the final station of Aguas Calientes, also called Machu Picchu town.
3 From Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu by bus
- In the town of Aguas Caliente an assistant will drive you to the bus station located a few steps from the train station. Before boarding the bus we will have free time for lunch (not included in the tour).
- At the bus station, queues can form that do not last more than 15 minutes. The bus trip takes 30 minutes on average.
- At the end we arrive at the entrance gate of Machu Picchu.
4 Guided tour of Machu Picchu in the afternoon
- Together with the professional tourist guide, you enter Machu Picchu to make the tourist tour of approximately 2 hours.
- The tour of Machu Picchu is in the afternoon, when fewer people walk through the Inca citadel. The circuit includes the visit of the main temples and constructions.
- At the end of the tour of Machu Picchu, you leave the Inca citadel at around 4 in the afternoon.
5 Return to Cusco
- The return follows the same route as the outbound trip. Descend by bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Then you take the tourist train (Expedition or Vistadome) at 6.20 pm. The trip takes almost 2 hours to the Ollantaytambo station.
- In Ollantaytambo you take the tourist bus that will take you to the city of Cusco at around 10:40 p.m. End of tour!
What will you see on this tour?
During the Machu Picchu tour 1 day in the afternoon the tourist can see different landscapes and tourist attractions of great beauty. On the train trip you can see the beautiful landscapes of the Vilcanota River and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You can also tour the magical streets of the town of Aguas Calientes. Finally you will visit nothing less than Machupicchu, one of the 7 wonders of the modern world.
Machu Picchu is one of the 7 wonders of the modern world. During the visit, the tourist will see its main constructions. Of course you will also get the classic postcard photo that everyone dreams of. And in the afternoon, better lighting is achieved.
Aguas Calientes is the magical town located at the foot of Machu Picchu. The tourist will have time to walk through its streets surrounded by mountains and the Vilcanota River. Before boarding the train you can do some shopping in its artisan market.
Sacred Valley Landscapes
During the train trip to Machupicchu, the tourist will be able to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Incas (the set of mountains, rivers and Inca sites). Some train services such as the Vistadome (in the return section) offer a dance show and parade of clothes made of alpaca.
The pick up of the tourist at the beginning of the tourThe tour includes pick up of the tourist at his hotel located in the area that includes the Historic Center of Cusco. There are the vast majority of tourist hotels. When booking the tour you only have to register the address of your hotel and the transport will pick you up at the door on the day of the service. Are you staying in a hotel outside the city center? You have to coordinate the pick up in a central square at the indicated time.
Special buffet lunch option
The buffet lunch offered at the Tinkuy restaurant is of recognized quality, with the best of Peruvian and international food. Distributed in three lines and with a wide variety of entries, main courses and desserts. Drinks are also included. Hours of operation are from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Soups, breads and salads
A wide variety of fresh and cooked salads, breads and appetizers. Delicious and very diverse entries. It includes hot soups, salads, crispy breads, papa a la huancaína and more.
- ✓ Variety of salads with tomato, lettuce, quinoa and more.
- ✓ Hot soups made with products from the Sacred Valley.
- ✓ "Causa rellena" with native potato.
- ✓ Variety of crispy breads made from wheat and corn.
- ✓ Papa a la huancaína with creams.
Exquisite main courses with fish, chicken and red meat. It includes lomo saltado, alpaca stew, lamb, spaghetti, marinades, ceviche, arroz a la jardinera, pizzas and more.
- ✓ Juicy salted loin.
- ✓ Trout ceviche with sweet potato and lettuce.
- ✓ Variety of stews: chicken, lamb and alpaca.
- ✓ White rice and arroz a la jardinera.
- ✓ Spaghetti.
- ✓ Delicious hot pizzas with an option for vegetarians.
Desserts, drinks and more
The best of desserts and drinks are included: coffee mousse, chocolate, passion fruit cake, purple porridge and more. It also includes hot and cold drinks such as chicha morada, coffee, tea and more.
- ✓ Chocolate, coffee, passion fruit cakes and more.
- ✓ Purple mazamorra and rice pudding.
- ✓ Hot infusions including Peruvian coffee.
- ✓ Cold drinks including chicha morada.
Lunch on the tour to Machu Picchu in the afternoonThe Machu Picchu 1 day afternoon tour does not include lunch. Tourists can choose a restaurant on their own in the town of Aguas Calientes and have lunch from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm. At that time the group boards the bus to Machu Picchu. Optionally, tourists can choose the buffet lunch promotion at the Tinkuy restaurant of the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel. A highly recommended service!.
Benefits of this tour
The 1-day Machu Picchu tour in the afternoon is organized by Machupicchu Terra, a tourist agency that offers several benefits to its clients. Prices are varied with discounts. It also includes the option to cancel the tour if it is done in advance. Payment methods are easy and 100% secure.
Authorized tourist agency
The tour is organized by Machupicchu Terra, a formal agency based in Cusco (the authorization number is AUT00115). We offer a safe and well organized trip. We also offer constant communication by phone + 51 84 207064 or email email@example.com.
Cancellation or modification of the tour
In the event of any emergency, tourists can cancel the tour as long as it is done with a deadline of 5 days before (the refund is 50% of the value of the tour). By rules of the Ministry of Culture of Peru, which do not allow the change of tickets, date modifications or others are not allowed on the tour.
Easy and 100% secure payment methods
The payment of the Machu Picchu tour 1 day in the afternoon is easy and 100% secure. We have security methods that guarantee the privacy of your information. You can pay online using Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express or PayPal. You will receive your tickets and confirmation via email.
Learn about the frequently asked questions (and their answers) made by tourists interested in the Machupicchu tour 1 day in the afternoon. Do you also have doubts? Write your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 084 – 207064.
1) Why is it better to visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon?
Machupicchu in the afternoon is with less tourist traffic. Plus you can get amazing photos. The tourist does not have to get up very early to start the trip.
2) How long does the tour to Machu Picchu last in the afternoon?
The tour lasts 15 hours. It begins in the city of Cusco at around 7 am and also ends in Cusco at 10:40 pm.
3) What language is the tour guide service in?
The tour includes professional tourist guidance in Spanish or English. Are you looking for a private service in another language? Request it at email@example.com.
4) Does the tour include lunch?
No, the tour does not include lunch. Tourists must have lunch on their own in the town of Aguas Calientes. Optionally, you can take advantage of the buffet lunch option in Machu Picchu at the Tinkuy restaurant.
5) How is the optional lunch in Machu Picchu?
The optional buffet lunch takes place at the Tinkuy restaurant belonging to the 5-star Sanctuary Lodge hotel, the only one located next to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu. Lunch offers a wide variety of dishes such as salads, soups, breads, pizzas, rice dishes, spaghetti, meat stews, chicken, desserts, hot and cold drinks, as well as the famous lomo saltado, ceviche, stuffed cause and more.
6) Why is the Vistadome train option recommended?
The tour includes the Expedition tourist train. Optionally (for an extra payment) they can add the Vistadome service. This train is especially recommended on the return leg. Includes a dance show and parade of alpaca garments on the trip from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
7) Can I cancel the tour?
Yes, the tour can be canceled with a last term of 5 days before the tour. The penalty is 50% of the value of the tour (50% refund).
8) Can I change the date of the tour?
No, unfortunately, changes of tour dates are not allowed once the purchase is made. It is recommended to choose the date of your visit very carefully and safely.
9) How do I pay for the tour?
The tour is paid online through our totally secure payment platforms. Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express and PayPal cards are accepted.
10) Can I get the classic photo of Machu Picchu on this tour?
Yes, the tour includes the Ticket Machu Picchu Only, which offers the classic postcard photo that all tourists dream of. In addition, since the tour is in the afternoon, the photos that can be obtained are doubly spectacular.